Can not login - "Oops, something went wrong"

Options
When I start Quicken now, it asks me to login. I enter my userID and password and returns with "Oops, something went wrong. Pleas try again.....". I know the userID and password are correct. I have turned off the firewall and anti-virus software but it didn't help. I can login to quicken.com with the userID and password. But I cannot get past the request in Quickn for Windows.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hello @MurphyLuth,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion with details about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should be able to cancel through the Quicken ID password prompts to open the Quicken file and reset the Quicken ID associated with the Quicken file: 
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes 
    5. Select Sign Out
    6. Sign in with the your Quicken ID
  • MurphyLuth
    MurphyLuth Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken twice without any luck.
    On trying to sign in as a different user, as soon as I select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, it asks me for my userID and password and I am back in the endless loop.
    Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated.
  • MurphyLuth
    MurphyLuth Member ✭✭
    Options
    Don't bother to comment anymore. The problem went away.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @MurphyLuth - I am not sure you are aware that there are two different sign on's for Quicken.  If you use a "Data File" password, that is the one you normally use to access your accounts.  Then there is a "Quicken ID" sign on.  From time to time, a pop-up screen will ask you to sign on with your "Quicken ID".  The Quicken ID is usually your e-mail address.  The password is not usually the same are your other "Data File" password (unless you made them the same).  You might already know this, but I wanted to make sure.
This discussion has been closed.