How Get Portfolio View Copied to Excel or Clipboard

Options
Ken45140
Ken45140 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Using Version 40.21 with Windows 10 on Desktop.
A 2018 msg thread (https://bit.ly/38F3CoE) showed that the Portfolio Page could be copied to the clipboard. The current version I am using does not have this capability. Why was it removed and could it be reinstated? There is no available report format that allows me to achieve what is displayed in the Portolfio screen. Are there any "advanced" tools (either within Q, or using an outside utility), that would allow me to capture the information displayed on the screen (but not an image screen shot)?
Thanks,
Ken

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Ken45140,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

For clarification; the thread you referenced is a Quicken for Mac thread. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this feature is available in Quicken for Windows.

To request this feature to be added to Quicne for Windows in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While in the portfolio view, press Ctrl-P or do File > Print Portfolio.
    In the resulting dialog, select Export to .PRN (1-2-3 compatible) disk file.
    When saving the file, change the .prn extension to .csv.
    The resulting CSV file can be opened by Excel.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.