Moving from MSMoney 2004 to Quicken

agodinho
agodinho Member ✭✭
Hi All,

I have been using MS money 2004 for a while now, and given the need to switch to quicken lastest version, I need to migrate all my data from ms money 2004 to quicken. I have been trying with converting to latest version of ms money first but without any success as it requires version 2007 or 2008 which I am not longer able to find. Does anybody have a solution for such a migration? Has anyone done it successfully? Is there any help that quicken can give towards this migration?

Thanks in advance.

Antonio Godinho

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @agodinho,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

For instructions and guidance on how to convert from MS Money to the latest Quicken version, please take a moment to review and follow this support article regarding this topic.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • agodinho
    agodinho Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I had already followed this but unfortunately does not solve my problem as I have money 2004 and I just can not find any installer for money 2007 or 2008 in order to upgrade to that before I can migrate to quicken. Does enyone have any other solution?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    agodinho said:
    Thank you. I had already followed this but unfortunately does not solve my problem as I have money 2004 and I just can not find any installer for money 2007 or 2008 in order to upgrade to that before I can migrate to quicken. Does enyone have any other solution?
    Did you see the link provided by @Greg_the_Geek in his response above? The software download is available in this link.

• agodinho
    agodinho Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Did you see the link provided by @Greg_the_Geek in his response above? The software download is available in this link.

Hi, yes I saw. I already have that software but the version does not allow to migrate from 2004, I first need to have 2007 or 2008 version which I just can not find anywhere. I managed to get 2005 version and upgraded successfully but can not upgrade that to the sunset version.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    agodinho said:
    Hi, yes I saw. I already have that software but the version does not allow to migrate from 2004, I first need to have 2007 or 2008 version which I just can not find anywhere. I managed to get 2005 version and upgraded successfully but can not upgrade that to the sunset version.
    Well, then it looks like the boat has sailed on that option.  This is one of those hard lessons that there is a reason for upgrading on a regular basis.

You might try exporting/importing by QIF.  I suspect that might be quite a pain to do though.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• agodinho
    agodinho Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > some are out there - downloads and disks
    > https://www.google.com/search?channel=cus5&client=firefox-b-1-d&q=msmoney+2007

Hi,

Thanks. I was looking for something at least out of Microsoft site. I am not keen on installing software from these download sites. Will probably have to create a VM to do this.
This discussion has been closed.