Quicken on iPad - it is time!...or maybe a full Quicken Online?

Margin of Error
Margin of Error Member ✭✭✭
We need Quicken on the iPad.

I know about the mobile app. I know that Quicken does not run on the iPad today.

I'm ready to buy and M1 iPad with keyboard and get rid of my computer, and the only app that I need but does not work on the iPad is Quicken.

Alternatively, a full Quicken Online solve the problem for me (and many others I suspect).

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Margin of Error,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your request.

As you said, unfortunately, a Standalone Mobile app for iPad is not currently available. 

Therefore, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead. If you would like to see this feature be added in the future, you can go ahead and add your vote by clicking the up arrow underneath the vote count (see example below) as well as a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Margin of Error I don't think it's likely to see the full Quicken implemented for iOS. The current Quicken Mac is tightly tied to feature in macOS. It's possible that with Apple's ever-evolving cross-platform tools, there may be a way to port desktop Quicken Mac to iOS, but I suspect a lot would need to be tweaked/re-written. 

As for an entirely online version of Quicken, I think what you can find today in Quicken's Simplifi product is where they're going for that segment of the market. Simplifi offers some, but not all, of the functionality of Quicken's desktop product. Simplifi is only a few years old, so I'm sure they will continue adding functionality to it, but I don't think the goal is to make it into a full-fledged "Quicken Online".

In any case, you're ready for a solution now, and that's all that's available now. Perhaps one of the latest MacBook Airs would allow you to continue using Quicken and give you a lightweight, mobile solution? But if you're committed to an iPad-only future with no Mac, then Simplifi is the most Quicken-like solution available. Of course, there are other online-only personal finance products, but I don't think any give the same feature set as desktop Quicken. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.