Quicken and Windows 11

Big Al
Big Al Member ✭✭
I have had numerous discussions, screen share sessions, etc. and have not received any resolutions. I have determined that it is an issue with running Quicken on windows 11.
I created a new Quicken file and added one account and added one bill on the bills screen. Closed and reopened Quicken , went to the bills screen and just hovered the cursor over the bill and Quicken crashed. I have sent numerous crash dumps to Quicken to no avail.

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file on the hard drive? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Big Al said:
    I have determined that it is an issue with running Quicken on windows 11.
    Many users have been running it on Win11 including myself since June 2021 beta days without any issues.  And Quicken is officially supporting Win11 OS.  Adding more question to the list above:
    - What version of Quicken are you running?
    - Which .Net Framework is enabled/disabled in Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off?
    - Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Quicken program, and then applying the Mondo patch from here?  On rare occasions the program update partially fails to fully install all the files and the Mondo patch resolves that.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Big Al
    Big Al Member ✭✭
    The path for the quicken file is C:Users>xxxxx>documents>
    I have installed the mondo patch
    Net Framework 4.8 advanced services
    Quicken R 41.10 Build 27.1.41.10
    Drashes with controlled folder access enabled or disabled

I have been running on windows 11 beta with no problems until beginning of May. I did install a new hdr monitor and graphics card. Quicken crashes when using hdr is on or off
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23
    @Big Al Enable .Net Framework 3.5 and see if that resolves it for you.  Worth the try as that did resolve some issues for a few users.

Adding: Just noticed that you said it started beginning of May.  My guess is that it is the Windows patch update of May 10 (KB5013943).  There are many reports on this and here are couple of links that may resolve it.  Pretty much same solution as the screenshot above.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Big Al
    Big Al Member ✭✭
    I turned net 3.5 on but that didn"t help. Thanks for helping.