Some of my banks accounts can no longer be found.

Options
Bob Sarley
Bob Sarley Member ✭✭
My Money Market accounts are no long activated, they used to be. When I try an activate they do not show up (not found) as an option. Only my checking account shows as an account.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Bob Sarley,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with Quicken not finding all of the accounts that you have with Money Market. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the Money Market accounts to see if it produces the same issue with only your checking account appearing. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Bob Sarley - What is the name of your bank?
    Also, what is the connection method that is set up for your checking account?  (Go to the checking account register and at the top left of the screen just below the account name it will say what the connection method is.)

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• Bob Sarley
    Bob Sarley Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes same issue. Only 2 of my accounts show for download.
  • Bob Sarley
    Bob Sarley Member ✭✭
    Options
    Abbott Laboratories Credit Union and method is "Direct".
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hello @“Bob Sarley”,

Thank you for responding and for providing more information. 

Due to the same issue occurring in both the main file and the test file, I suggest reaching out to Abbott Laboratories Credit Union to see if there are some sort of permissions to update or something that you may need to complete before your Money Market Funds will update and download transactions. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to speak to a tier 2 representative or a supervisor as they are generally more experienced with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I hope this helps and I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance! 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    @Bob Sarley - Something you might want to try:
    1. Backup your data file before proceeding.
    2. You mentioned that these Money Market accounts used to be connected but no longer are.  Go to the Account Register of one of the Money Market accounts and Write down the Opening Balance dollar amount > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > if it shows a Reset Account button...click on it and follow the prompts > if prompted be sure to Link it to the appropriate account already set up in Quicken > if duplicate transactions are downloaded into the account register they will need to be manually deleted.
    3. If Reset Account reestablished the connection, repeat #2 for the each of the other Money Market accounts.
    4. If the Reset Account button is not visible on the Online Services tab:  Go to Add Account > select Abbott Laboratories ECU - ALEC > Advanced Options (not Next) > select Direct Connect > Next > follow the prompts > be sure to Link the download(s) to the already existing account(s) in Quicken > if duplicate transactions are entered into the account register(s) they will need to be manually deleted.
    5. If/when the connections are reestablished be sure to check the account balances.  If they are out of balance check the Opening Balance transactions in each account and compare them to the Opening Balance dollar amounts you  wrote down earlier.  If the dollar amount does not match what you wrote down, correct the dollar amount in the transaction to match what you wrote down.
    6. If the account balances still are not correct, double check your account registers for any duplicate transactions you might have missed deleting.
    Did any of this help resolve the issue for you?

• Bob Sarley
    Bob Sarley Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried that earlier with no help. I think the issue is with the Credit Union.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Tried that earlier with no help. I think the issue is with the Credit Union.
    Thanks for the reply.  It could well be an issue with the CU.
    If you do talk with them about it you might want to ask them to confirm how they classify Money Market accounts.  Maybe they changed the classification from Bank account to Investment account and if they did that then you probably will not be able to download from those Money Market accounts, again, because your CU does not support downloads of Investment accounts (per the FIDIR List).
    But one other thing you might want to try:  The FIDIR list show the CU supports Web Connect (downloading manually from the online account in QFX or "Quicken" format).  You could check to see if you are able to manually download from your Money Market accounts with Web Connect.  It would not be ideal but it would help until this Direct Connect issue gets resolved.

• Bob Sarley
    Bob Sarley Member ✭✭
    Options
    I worked through the bank and finally got them to contact their website "owners" in Texas. I worked with a tech and gave him the response files. Took about a month, but here is the final resolution, I hope.

"We have identified a fix, but it will have to be done in a Virtual Branch release, and I don't have a date for the next one yet. It is possible it won't be until September but I will keep you updated."
This discussion has been closed.