Transaction sequences are now incorrect.

Options
DSUser
DSUser Member
There was a significant upgrade in May. One of the changes was to put transactions in alphabetical order. This is an absolutely brutal change. Transactions are no longer in an appropriate sequence. For example, if I get a USD dividend and reinvestment which happens very regularly, the sequence should be DIV, MiscExp for the tax, followed by a BUY. Now they show up as Misc / Bought / Div which is totally wrong and hard to reconcile.

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Note that the setting should have defaulted to off in R41.10, which should have resulted in the sorting in the investment registers going back to what it was before the R40.28 changed it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure about your Canadian version and if that new Preferences setting is available to you ...
    In my US version R 41.10 (confusing that they are using the exact same version numbers for US and Canadian versions ...)
    If that's available in your Preferences, try toggling it off
  • DSUser
    DSUser Member
    Options
    I don't have that setting in my version
  • DSUser
    DSUser Member
    Options
    I have all the other settings, but not that line.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DSUser said:
    I have all the other settings, but not that line.
    What Canadian version number do you have?
    I'm guessing that "your problem may be fixed in the next version update" ;-)

• DSUser
    DSUser Member
    Options
    Version R40.28 Build 27.1.40.28 Edition Canada
  • DSUser
    DSUser Member
    Options
    I see that there is another update. I will download that and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @DSUser,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community. 

I suggest installing the latest version of Quicken so you are able to have the preference to sort same-day transactions by security name. You can follow this link to access the Mondo Patch. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DSUser
    DSUser Member
    Options
    I use Quicken Home & Business. I updated to the version R41.10 Build 27.1.41.10 Edition Canada
    There didn't seem to be any change in the ordering after changing the setting identified above. Is the Mondo version another version beyond the upgrade I just did?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Note that the setting should have defaulted to off in R41.10, which should have resulted in the sorting in the investment registers going back to what it was before the R40.28 changed it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.