What does error OL-301-A mean

Options
I get this error when I try to update one of my accounts on Quicken

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @bjbalzer4,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In order to better assist you further, could you please provide the name of the financial institution that you are experiencing this error with?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Options
    It means that the Financial Institution (FI) for some reason rejected the connection request from Quicken. 
    You might want to read the following Support Article:  https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-301.  It lists some actions that can be taken that might be able to fix the issue.
    What I find will often fix this issue are one of the following steps:
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now.
    • If Update Now doesn't fix it:  Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account:  Sometimes, not usually, this will cause Quicken to prompt you to decide what to do with account data that is downloaded by this process.  If that happens, be sure to Link it to your existing account in Quicken.  If this happens, Quicken might also enter some transactions into the account register that are duplicates of what is already entered.  Duplicates will need to be manually deleted.
    • If Reset Account does not workBackup your data file > Account Register > write down the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > Set Up Now.  As with the Reset Account process and if you are prompted be sure to Link the download to your current account in Quicken.  As with Reset Account, if duplicate transactions are entered into the account they will need to be manually deleted.  Check the Opening Balance in the Account Register and if it is different from what you wrote down earlier, edit the balance to match what you wrote down earlier.
    Let me know if any of these steps fixed the issue for you and, if so, which one.

If none of these steps works:  Which FI and account type is the issue occurring with?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.