Payees missing or only show * across multiple accounts and institutions

Hello, I've gone through the forums but not found any help. For about the last 2 months most downloads for different accounts and across different banking institutions are missing the payee information. It usually just has an asterix (*) in their place. I've gone through settings and there has been no changes to anything. This is not isolated to a single bank so I know it is not the banks information. Please help, not downloading payee information has defeated the purpose of me using Quicken.

Windows version Quicken Deluxe Version R41.10 Bild 27.1.41.10
Thank you for your help,
Joel

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you may have an inappropriate renaming rule: select Tools > Renaming Rules

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/About+the+way+Quicken+suggests+categories+and+payees
  • joels805
    joels805 Member
    I have seen that. No settings in there seem to affect my downloads.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at your Renaming Rules. If there is a rule for a Payee name = "*" then delete it.
    Switch one or more of your affected registers to 2-lines-per-transaction mode using CTRL-2 as the toggle.
    Now click the Register Columns icon (top right of register next to the Balance column) and add the columns Downloaded Payee and Downloaded Memo. Do these columns show proper payee names?
    If all else fails, it may be necessary to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. They need to review a download log file to see what's actually being downloaded from the bank and what is causing the problem.

Quicken Support:

• @joels805 - have you done the usual troubleshooting steps?  If not, please, take a look at this support article:

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

The other thing to try if you haven't already, is to uninstall and reinstall Quicken.

You don't say where you keep your data file, but it should always be kept on your local C: drive to avoid any data file corruption.  Backing up to a flash, network, or cloud drive is not a problem.
This discussion has been closed.