Still not Able to add GM Card by Marcus/Goldman Sachs to Quicken

Options
FlyerFran
FlyerFran Windows Beta Beta
Just checking back on this longstanding issue noted that all the discussions are closed.  Is there nothing that can be done?  Can't even download from the Marcus site into Q'

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @FlyerFran,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to check on this ongoing issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Please refer to this Community Alert regarding the issues reported with Marcus by Goldman Sachs for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• FlyerFran
    Options
    Thank you for the follow-up.  I've also talked with Marcus Tech Support and they are of no help.  
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @FlyerFran - Have you ever been able to download your GM Rewards Card from Marcus/Goldman Sachs? 
    I haven't been tracking this issue but I do recall in posts from last winter (shortly after Marcus started managing this card) and from this spring that Marcus does not support Quicken for this particular credit card.  The most recent post that I've seen that says that Marcus told them it does not support Quicken for this particular credit card is from June 9, 2022:  Quicken & Marcus by Goldman Sachs GM Card Issues Continue.
    If this is still the case then what needs to happen is for GM/Marcus to add support for Quicken.  Unless they contract to add Quicken support direct downloads into Quicken cannot and will not happen.
    Unless and until they add support for Quicken I think you have 3 options:
    1. Manage the account in Quicken manually.
    2. Does Marcus permit GM Rewards Card transactions downloads in QIF, CSV, Excel or OFX formats?  If so, you could try downloading in one of those formats and then use a freeware converter program called ImportQIF that might be able to convert the downloaded file into a QIF formatted file that Quicken can then import.  You can read up more about ImportQIF and download it from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/.
    3. Not include the GM Rewards Card in your Quicken portfolio.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• B_A
    B_A Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    You would think that Quicken (being the No. 1 personal finance software.... according to Quicken) would be able to exert a little influence on M by GS to get them to play ball with their software. It's been months since the switch from Capitol One. It's time for someone to do something, [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • FlyerFran
    Options
    A belated Thanks to @Boatnmaniac for his suggestions.  At this point, the only option is to manage Q' manually.  Marcus does not allow any downloading and as I previoulsy have written, their Tech Support is of no help.  Combining no Q' service with their revamp of the GM Rewards points (a lot less than before), I will use this card only when they have promos for earning points.  Like now - spend $300 and get 10,000 pts. ($100).

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2022
    Options
    B_A said:
    You would think that Quicken (being the No. 1 personal finance software.... according to Quicken) would be able to exert a little influence on M by GS to get them to play ball with their software. It's been months since the switch from Capitol One. It's time for someone to do something, [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
    Why do you think that Quicken can "force" any financial institution to enter into a contract with them...and, therefore, pay them...to support Quicken?  It is entirely the financial institution's decision as to whether or not they will support Quicken and as noted by others M by GS has, at least for now, decided not to support Quicken for this GM credit card.  If you want the GM credit card to support Quicken you (and others) should contact M by GS and request that of them.  If they get enough customers requesting it they might develop the business case to spend the financial, capital and personnel resources to do just that.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2022
    Options
    mazur777 said:
    > @Boatnmaniac said:
    > Why do you think that Quicken can "force" any financial institution to enter into a contract with them...and, therefore, pay them...to support Quicken?  It is entirely the financial institution's decision as to whether or not they will support Quicken and as noted by others M by GS has, at least for now, decided not to support Quicken for this GM credit card.  If you want the GM credit card to support Quicken you (and others) should contact M by GS and request that of them.  If they get enough customers requesting it they might develop the business case to spend the financial, capital and personnel resources to do just that.

Marcus was working fine for at least 1.5 years…..the problem/concern is that quicken has known about this issue for some time and has done nothing….paying for something that us not working and was is an issue. You have said you have not been following and you jump in with your opinion….
    I think you are posting in the wrong thread.  It seems you are posting about the issue communicated in the following Alert:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909196/ongoing-4-21-22-marcus-by-goldman-sachs-fdp-101-script-error/p1?new=1.
    This thread has nothing to do with that issue.  It deals with only the GM credit card that Marcus only assumed management of this past winter...not 1.5+ years ago.  This thread has nothing to do with any other credit card managed by Marcus.
    Marcus has stated that the GM credit card does not support Quicken.  That is their decision to make.  They must make the business decision to support Quicken for this GM card.  This statement is true for any and all financial institutions. 
    Quicken does not and cannot "force" any financial institution to support Quicken when they have made the decision to not do so.  It is not opinion, it is fact.
    If users want Marcus to support Quicken for the GM credit card, the best way for them to accomplish that is to contact Marcus and request them to add support for Quicken.
    If you wish to have a discussion on the more general Marcus issue communicated in the Alert, I suggest you start a new thread or post your thoughts in another thread regarding that.

This discussion has been closed.