Bank account transactions are not included following an update - why not?

Options
jagbest
jagbest Member ✭✭
Hello,

Following an account update, the balance is correct on the update tab, but when viewing transactions, the more recent ones aren't included and the ending balance is different than the balance that appears just after the update finishes. I'm not filtering the transactions listing by time period, by transaction type or by anything else. It seems that all of the transactions should be included and the balance should agree with the update. Please let me know how to fix this or what I am missing. Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @jagbest

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your transactions and ending balance not downloading correctly. 

What financial institution are you experiencing this issue with? What is the connection method with this financial institution? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with transactions not downloading and the balance being incorrect. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jagbest
    jagbest Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jasmine,

Thanks for your help. I was able to create the test file and load the account data via web connect. The bank name is PNC. All of the transactions loaded successfully. I updated the account on the original file (again using web connect) and it is still missing a month's worth of transactions. The only June transactions in this file are for June 1, and then Quicken loaded the 7/5 22 transactions. Transactions from 6/2 through 7/1 are missing.

Thanks for any help you can provide to help me understand what's happening and how to fix.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jagbest said:
    Jasmine,

Thanks for your help. I was able to create the test file and load the account data via web connect. The bank name is PNC. All of the transactions loaded successfully. I updated the account on the original file (again using web connect) and it is still missing a month's worth of transactions. The only June transactions in this file are for June 1, and then Quicken loaded the 7/5 22 transactions. Transactions from 6/2 through 7/1 are missing.

Thanks for any help you can provide to help me understand what's happening and how to fix.
    Hello @jagbest,     

I am sorry that this issue is remaining in the original data file. Thank you for getting back in touch with us about the results of the previous troubleshooting recommendations regarding the test file.

First, save a backup, then proceed through the following instructions, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing back from you about how this works!

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jagbest
    jagbest Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello,

I performed both of the above procedures without success. I was wondering if I could somehow save the older transactions (from March when I first added this account and then delete and add the account again? The older transactions wouldn't be in the latest batch as it's my understanding that Quicken only goes back three months. But if they were saved somewhere maybe they could then be combined into the newly downloaded account? Please let me know if there is hope for something like this. I appreciate your continuing help.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jagbest said:
    Hello,

I performed both of the above procedures without success. I was wondering if I could somehow save the older transactions (from March when I first added this account and then delete and add the account again? The older transactions wouldn't be in the latest batch as it's my understanding that Quicken only goes back three months. But if they were saved somewhere maybe they could then be combined into the newly downloaded account? Please let me know if there is hope for something like this. I appreciate your continuing help.
    @jagbest,   

I am sorry to hear about these ongoing problems with downloading transactions. Thank you for continuing to work with us on this issue. 

First, are you attempting to download transactions via QFX file, or via One Step Update (in the original data file)? Also, if you are downloading transactions via QFX, have you deleted any transactions from your register recently?

I look forward to hearing your answers. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jagbest
    jagbest Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,

I'm not sure about using a QFX file, I'm just updating a bank account using Web Connect. No, I've not deleted any of the transactions from the register.

Thanks for your continuing help as concerns further steps.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @jagbest,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

First, please save a backup prior to performing the suggestion below (just in case).

Since you mentioned that you are currently using the PNC - Web Connect instance in the financial institution list, have you tried switching instances and tried to connect with PNC Bank - Direct Connect in the financial institution list? To make this switch, you will need to deactivate the accounts first, then reactivate them by navigating to Tools > Add Account... then select PNC Bank - Direct Connect to reconnect. Be sure to also Link the accounts to the existing accounts set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ramsfancr
    ramsfancr Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, Wells Fargo.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ramsfancr said:
    No, Wells Fargo.
    Dear @ramsfancr ,
    this discussion is about download issues specific to PNC Bank.
    If you have issues with Wells Fargo, please add your comment to an existing Wells Fargo - related discussion or start your own new discussion. Provide as much detail as you can to help us solve your problem.
    Thank you.

• ramsfancr
    ramsfancr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Okay, sorry. I thought it was about bank download issues in general. I will look for Wells Fargo. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.