Banks that offer free Direct Connect

Options
Leaving Regions after 20+ years. I read online that TD offers Direct Connect no charge. Branch confirmed. Set up account and direct deposits only to find they no longer support Direct Connect.

So what are my options now. I read Wells Fargo, Chase or PNC. Can anyone confirm these choices are valid?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chase is dropping Direct Connect at the end of September, so they are out.

I'm afraid the writing is on the wall as more and more are dropping it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW one observation.  Throughout the years people have insisted on it being free even though it costs the financial institution to support it, and only for the people using Quicken, which is a small fraction of their users.

So, here is a service that people claim is really important to them but refuse to pay for.

Note I'm just as guilty of this as everyone else, so I'm not pointing fingers, just realizing that we as consumers don't always do the right thing to get what we want.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What all of these banks are failing to do is ask their customers before discontinuing Direct Connect. I would pay for it. It's a real convenience and compared to other monthly bills (think cable & cellular) its cost would likely be lost in the noise.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Leaving Regions after 20+ years. I read online that TD offers Direct Connect no charge. Branch confirmed. Set up account and direct deposits only to find they no longer support Direct Connect.

So what are my options now. I read Wells Fargo, Chase or PNC. Can anyone confirm these choices are valid?
    We can confirm PNC Bank via PNC Bank - Direct Connect  still provides Direct Connect with Bank Bill Pay for free.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock said:

We can confirm PNC Bank via PNC Bank - Direct Connect  still provides Direct Connect with Bank Bill Pay for free.
    Regarding PNC, their Wallet accounts used to NOT support Direct Connect, but that may have or is being changed in the near future, but be sure to ask.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    splasher said:
    Sherlock said:

Regarding PNC, their Wallet accounts used to NOT support Direct Connect, but that may have or is being changed in the near future, but be sure to ask.

PNC Bank added their Virtual Wallet accounts to the accounts with support for free Direct Connect and Bank Bill Pay last year: 

https://www.pnc.com/content/dam/pnc-com/pdf/personal/service-charges-fees-non-vw/all-ServiceChargesA.pdf

https://www.pnc.com/content/dam/pnc-com/pdf/smallbusiness/Quicken_QuickBooks-Direct-Connect-Service-Agreement.pdf
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    PNC Bank added free support for Direct Connect to their Virtual Wallet accounts last year.
    Thanks for the confirmation that PNC did make the change.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @mgreen561 - Wells Fargo has 24/7 support for online services including Quicken.  They don't charge for Direct Connect or Bill Pay through Quicken.  I have next to no issues with their DC with "Wells Fargo" or "Wells Fargo Advisors".  If you want more information, just go to their website and search on "Quicken".
  • mgreenb561
    mgreenb561 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your responses
  • hatfieldjf
    hatfieldjf Member ✭✭
    Options
    5th 3rd Bank
This discussion has been closed.