"Invalid Credentials" - signing into QMac - from outside US

Peter_HNL_BKK
Peter_HNL_BKK Member
I am able to sign in to the website and was able to download Quicken for Mac. When asked for my Login information, it returns the message "Invalid Credentials." I have reset my password several times and the error persists. I have also tried changing my password and waiting 2 hours before attempting to Log in. I have also tried changing my password and waiting until the next day to Log in. The error persists despite these interventions. How do I resolve this?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello AhmedR, 

Thank you for responding and for attempting to wait 24-48 hours before attempting to sign in again. 

To answer your previous questions:

1. No, there is no new policy that prevents users from accessing Quicken outside of the United States and Canada, however, there has always been the potential for users to experience issues outside of the US/Can due to Quicken being made to be used in these countries and not others. 

2. The login should not be sensitive to the device you are using. Other users have expressed this same concern as there have been reports of users being able to sign in using safari on their phones yet not on other devices. This is a known issue that our development team is currently working on, however, there is no ETA. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Here is a screenshot:
  • I have followed the advice from this thread with no success for the past several days: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7902998/sign-in-issue
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using Quicken within the US - or using it outside of the US - maybe with a VPN ?
    There are 2 current discussions on the Windows side with this problem -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Peter_HNL_BKK
    Peter_HNL_BKK Member
    edited July 2022
    My two main computers are in the US and work just fine. I am working remotely from Thailand for the next 3 months and I am trying to set up on a new desktop. Is signing in from outside of the US an issue for the app? It doesn't seem to be a problem for the website.
  • flwehr
    flwehr Member
    I am having the same issue - something has changed in the last few weeks. I have been using Quicken on a Mac without problems from Australia for some years now. I am not on a VPN. I've changed my password multiple times, waiting overnight seems to make no difference whatsoever.

I am planning to contact telephone support tomorrow morning Australia time.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    [EDIT] - I have updated the topic title to what seems to be an issue for certain QMac users - outside of the US -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• AhmedR
    AhmedR Member
    edited July 2022
    Tired all options per discussions. Can access my account from IPhone and I am based in Saudi Arabia
  • AhmedR
    AhmedR Member
    Any idea who such issue can be resolved?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @AhmedR,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have passed this along to our teams and this is being investigated further. However, in the meantime, our team wants to know if this issue is possibly caused by too many login attempts which would cause a security screening block requiring you to have to wait 24 hours to log in again. To test this, we advise that if the issue persists, to please not attempt logging in again for 24 to 48 hours.

If the issue still persists after 24 to 48 hours with no login attempt, then please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

• AhmedR
    AhmedR Member
    Thanks for the feedback and would appreciate your input when you receive feedback from support team.

1) Could confirm that no new policy has been added that would not allow users from outside the USA and Canada to be able to log to accounts as I have never experienced this in past?

2) I have no issue to access my account with same login details from iPhone Safari but receive this message from my Mac both through Safari and the application. Is the login in sensitive to which device you use (I.e. you can be locked from one device but still not able to access it from desktop different one)

Highly appreciate your great support and help
  • AhmedR
    AhmedR Member
    Would take your advice not to attempt to log in for the coming 24hrs - 48hrs. However would appreciate your feedback and answer to my two earlier questions. Best regards
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello AhmedR, 

Thank you for responding and for attempting to wait 24-48 hours before attempting to sign in again. 

To answer your previous questions:

1. No, there is no new policy that prevents users from accessing Quicken outside of the United States and Canada, however, there has always been the potential for users to experience issues outside of the US/Can due to Quicken being made to be used in these countries and not others. 

2. The login should not be sensitive to the device you are using. Other users have expressed this same concern as there have been reports of users being able to sign in using safari on their phones yet not on other devices. This is a known issue that our development team is currently working on, however, there is no ETA. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

• AhmedR
    AhmedR Member
    Tried to creat a new account with membership using new ID. I was able to accesses the account via FireFox only and both Safari and Chrome did not work. Also Quicken MAC app did. It work using the new ID with paid membership.

I would expect no change in results even after 25-48 Hrs waiting time for the old or new account.

My thoughts going through the various input by others, this relates to last version released by Quicken and even reinstalling old version is not possible as it would automatically update to the new version.

Any idea if a solution exists or a new update would be released to fix the issue
  • dogmandu
    dogmandu Member
    I am having exactly the same problem after years of hassle-free use of Quicken for Mac. I bought a new MacBook Pro and installed Quicken only to find that I was unable to sign in to the account that I had used on my 2015 MacBook Pro. I purchased a NEW account for the new MBP and was similarly prevented from opening my Quicken files with the sign in requirement and then "INVALID CREDENTIALS when I signed in correctly. I can sign in to my account from quicken.com but not with the challenge when I try and open a Quicken file. I have been in touch with customer service and they have explained about IP addresses and VPNs and all the usual traits of using one's laptop on the road. We changed my password twice and I waited 12 hours and then tried to open a Quicken file, but it was the same frustrating circle game. I'm going to call once more when I get back to my home base in New Zealand and if it fails again I'll be requesting a refund and finding another company to work with after over 10 years of satisfaction with Quicken. Very frustrating!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Is your Quicken data file on your local hard drive? (That is, not on a cloud service like iCloud or Dropbox.) Having the file in cloud storage can sometimes result in this message.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    There is a parallel thread to capture QWin comments in case there is anything different between the Windows vs Mac environment. 
    I have suggested to the Admins this posting be merged to the existing Windows thread. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• AhmedR
    AhmedR Member
    I have managed to open the Quicken Mac App after using Express VPN securing a US IP. This resulted in passing the problem message "Invalid Credentials" and a 6 digit code was sent to me to do the full sign in. Afterwords, I can open the app and perform the sync to my web account without VPN. Regarding accessing the web account Safari does not work in all cases and I need to use Chrome or FireFox. I am based in Saudi Arabia. Was good advice to wait for 48Hrs and use the VPN.

I hope this would be of help but for sure this took too much time to resolve. A recent update was just released by Quick which I hope they managed to resolve such problem.

Best of luck
This discussion has been closed.