Downloaded transaction won't match edited existing transaction

Options
Ray
Ray Member ✭✭✭✭
After running One Step update, Quicken downloaded a transaction that matched a manually enter transaction except for the amount. I edit the transaction's amount so they are identical, but Quicken still show the downloaded transaction as new instead of matched. I have to manually match them. This problem started with the update to Version R42.8, build 27.1.42.8.

Comments

• Ray
    Ray Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did find that if I leave the account and return it will then match. Apparently, Quicken doesn't recheck for a match after editing.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Ray,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you experienced this issue with matching transactions. 

Could you please clarify if this was a one-time occurrence or if this is repeated behavior that you have noticed over time?

Looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yeah, this is a new feature of their revised/improved matching routine that was introduced in R42.8.
    I noticed this a few days ago.  IMO, they messed up in making their "improvement".

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    For what it's worth I have the same problem. Ever since the recent R42.8 update (Quicken for Windows), I find that transactions almost never match. Whether it's a bill reminder where I choose "Enter" after I see the downloaded transaction or it's something I've entered in advance. In either case this has worked for years in Quicken and now no longer seems to work.

In all cases after I enter the transaction/bill/whatever I have to go to "Match manually" and find the match. Hopefully this bug has been documented and will be resolved soon because it's tiresome to say the least.
  • vuwildcat07
    vuwildcat07 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem now.  I have to manually match transactions, which is much more time-consuming.
  • jfh
    jfh Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. It happens all the time. This used to work. If I leave the account and come back it matches. Many times, it won't let me match manually, it gives me a message box showing the edited transaction and the downloaded transaction stating that the amounts don't match but the numbers displayed are exactly the same. The message box states that if you select OK, you will have two entries. Or you can cancel, and the transaction doesn't match. very annoying.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dpbouchard
    dpbouchard Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am seeing the same problem consistently. I find it so disappointing that this problem made it past their QA group. If it is happening to so many of us in the field, then clearly this was a development/qa failure. I've been a senior software development executive for 40+ years and I would like to think that something as big as this would never have made it out into the field. Very poor testing and design performance. I also find it very annoying that the matching algorithm will go back in time and find an already matched transaction and suggest that as the match. Seems to me that the algorithm should not go back in time to select a matched transaction but rather ask if a new transaction should be created.

I'd also like to ask why (and this is true for the Quickbooks product that I realize is now a separate product also ) does the software not set the finance date to be the closing date on the reconcile dialog window? You set the New Statement Ending date to be, say 7/6/22, which is obviously also going to be the date that the finance charges would be applied and they leave the date for the Finance Charges date to be something else, mostly always wrong? Inevitably, I have to go into the Finance Charges date value and set it to be the exact same date value as the Statement Ending date. Every time I have to do this, I cringe at the developer/reviewer who let that code error through! The software should automatically copy the New Statement Ending date to the Finance Charges date field. I guarantee that more often than not, that will be the correct value for the finance charges date field!

Looking forward to a prompt fix to this very annoying problem and the lack of any new problems being introduced in this fix release!
  • Pranzo
    Pranzo Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and when you correct the amount it still does not match
  • dpbouchard
    dpbouchard Member ✭✭
    Options
    When can we expect a fix to this problem? Seems like this is taking a long time...
This discussion has been closed.