Edward Jones err OL-332-A

Options
michael7572
michael7572 Member ✭✭✭
This error is back again.  I contacted Edward Jones first and confirmed that they have my account set up correctly for outside vendor access.  I can log in with no problem on the web.  I tried OSU while logged into Edward Jones on the web, but still got the error 332-A.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @michael7572,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Edward Jones account(s). 

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-332-A error message. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). 

As per the FAQ:

If the issue persists

Try going to your bank's website and signing in. You may be prompted to unlock your account or complete Multi-Factor Authorization.

After signing in at the bank's website, try updating your accounts again in Quicken. 

If you are still receiving the error, and you believe that the Customer ID and password are correct, please contact the financial institution for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• michael7572
    michael7572 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    This doesn't help. As already stated, I am able to log into the website.  I also called their tech support and was told that everything is correct on their end. 
    I submitted a trouble report through Quicken as well.
    But the correct response is NOT for me to contact the financial institution.  I did that.  Ball's in your court.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Have you tried either of the following steps?:
    • Account Details > Online Services > Reset Account
    • Account Details > Online Services > Deactivate > Set Up Now > follow the set up prompts > be sure to link the downloaded data to the existing account in Quicken if prompted > if there are duplicate transactions entered into the register, they will need to be manually deleted.
    Be sure to backup your data file before attempting either of the steps above.

Also, be sure to make note of the account Opening Balance transaction before doing either of the steps above.  When the steps listed above are completed, check the Opening Balance transaction.  If it has been changed, correct it to show what it was before attempting to complete the steps above.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• michael7572
    michael7572 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Resetting the account doesn't work, nor does deactivating and reactivating.  The latter makes matters worse because it won't reconnect, so I ended up restoring the previous version.
    I submitted another error ticket through Quicken, and I'll continue to do this until I realize that nothing is going to happen. At that point I'll write to the CEO (again) because for some reason, whenever I had to do that, the problem got solved the next day.
  • michael7572
    michael7572 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Still not working. Submitted another trouble ticket through Quicken.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    "OL" errors generally refer to Direct Connect connection issues and DC issues, unless they affect a large number of users, usually Quicken often has no control over them, which is why the final troubleshooting step in the Support Article is to contact the Financial Institution.
    But I see this OL-332 issue with EJ goes back at least 2 years and there was an Alert posted earlier this year about it that was closed in April after it was announced as being "Resolved" (RESOLVED 4/26/22 Edward Jones Returns OL-332-A and OL-294-A Error).  If it was truly resolved, then what did the Quicken team do to fix it, why is it happening, again, and is that fix something that can fix it, again, now?
    And are other EJ account holders experiencing this issue, again, too?  So far I have not seen others stating that they, too, are seeing a recurrence of the issue.  So, is it really the same issue as before or is it a different one? 
    Hopefully, submitting those reports to Quicken will get you the response and resolution needed.
    One question:  Have you tried opening a new Quicken file and setting up your EJ account in it, making sure to select Advanced Options and Direct Connect during the setup process?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @michael7572,

Thank you for responding.

Unfortunately, this error message is due to an issue with the financial institution's servers and Quicken does not have access to these. 

You will need to reach out to your financial institution for further assistance, I suggest requesting an escalation ticket or to speak with a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.