The server is not responding correctly. Please Try Again

Options
marpler
marpler Member ✭✭
For several months I have been getting this unnamed/unnumbered error statement on One Step Update. "The server is not responding correctly. Please try again later". I have check the internet speed and it is meeting the contract requirements (25MPS or better). I use Norton VPN which in the past has never caused trouble. All other net traffic is normal.

This error is occurring more often. I found no discussion on this topic. Would appreciate anyone's ideas on how to resolve it.

If I get this error statement on One Step Update, is wipes out any future attempts at an update until I shut the program down and restart it. Version 42.8 Build: 27.1.42.8. WIN 10 64 bit. Internet carrier AT&T.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @marpler

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you have been experiencing this error for a prolonged period. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I am looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @marpler - have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps in these Quicken Support articles?  Anytime Quicken needs to be terminated abnormally (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) it can cause file corruption.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

https://www.quicken.com/support/connectivity-troubleshooting 

Also, have you tried disabling your VPN and then trying an OSU?

If those troubleshooting steps don't fix the issue, then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken.
  • marpler
    marpler Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions Damian and Jasmine. Attached is the screenshot of the error.
    Yes, I can discontinue the VPN and no change in the production of the error statement. I have tried this several times. I have never had to Ctrl-Alt-Del Quicken but will check the file integrity anyway.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This message doesn't have a date stamp.
    To prevent old, often times obsolete, errors from showing in OSU Summary please put a checkmark in the box "Show just the last update".
This discussion has been closed.