R42.8 - "Matching Downloads" Issue

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
Just updated to release 42.8. One of the "Improvements" listed is "Improved the logic for matching manual transactions with downloaded transactions". When I review my downloaded transactions, if there are "new" transactions I click on the "Bill and Income Reminders" tab, and if the matching transaction is there, I Enter it. Before Release 42.8 it would automatically update the downloaded transaction to "Match". Now the downloaded transaction remains as "new". I have to switch to a different account and then back to the original account before the transaction changes to "Match". The same thing happens if I manually enter the unmatched(new) transaction into the register. It does not automatically update the downloaded transaction to "match".
Quicken HB&RP Rel 42.8
Windows 10 PRO Current

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I noticed the same thing.  But I didn't know about the going in and out of the register to get the matched transactions to show up as "Match".  I manually matched each transaction to get them to show up as "Match".

Update 7-9-2022 - No longer have this issue.  Matched transactions are matching up properly with transactions in the register and show as "Match".
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like a refresh problem, which should be a lot easier than fixing any kind of matching problem.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @chris_qpw - I will see if this issue shows itself again tomorrow when I do an OSU.  If it does, I will try the going out and back into the register.  Nevertheless, to me this issue is not a big deal, and you're right it would seem to be an easy fix.
  • Greg Brown
    Options
    I can't help but think a little "testing" would have turned this bug up before release...

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Update 7-9-2022 - No longer have this issue.  Matched transactions are matching up properly with transactions in the register and show as "Match".

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damian said:

I find that really strange since Quicken (the program) hasn't changed.
    Signature:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Chris_QPW - I don't know what to say.  This morning the OSU worked as it should.  The matched transactions matched up and had the status "Match".  This was not the case yesterday.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Damian
    It wouldn't be the first time Quicken did strange things that surprised me.
    Signature:
  • Greg Brown
    Options
    The issue STILL exists. If the transaction is ALREADY in the register the match works fine. The problem is if you have to ADD the transaction AFTER the download it does NOT automatically match.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I had transactions this morning that were both existing and entered and they matched up just fine.  I only had the matching issue on 7/8 when I first updated to R42.8.  I did do a validate but that was after the OSU on Saturday, which worked fine and didn't have the matching issue.
  • knupug
    knupug Member
    Options
    I just updated to R42.8 this afternoon and now have this problem. In my case, I entered the manual transactions *after* downloading transactions. Both manually matching the transactions *and* simply leaving the account and returning are viable workarounds for me.
  • shyatt60
    shyatt60 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I am also having this problem since the update. The workarounds mentioned do seem to work, however, if Quicken is going to "improve" something, it shouldn't create extra work, IMHO. Please put back the way it was and test it first before releasing an update.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shyatt60 said:
    I am also having this problem since the update. The workarounds mentioned do seem to work, however, if Quicken is going to "improve" something, it shouldn't create extra work, IMHO.
    Please note that this is "refresh bug", it wasn't intentionally done.  Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.
    Signature:
  • JRC Systems
    JRC Systems Member ✭✭
    Options
    Automatic transaction/payment matching used to work much better than it currently does. If I manually enter a transaction into the register, with the same date, same payee, same amount, the program no longer seems able to match the transaction.

Additionally, if I manually match, a few weird things happen. 1) The list of transactions that it tries to match to includes previously reconciled transactions [ that's a bug, should not be allowed because it would cause more problems than it would solve ]. 2) When I select the transaction that I want it to match to, the previously selected expense category of the matching transaction, gets blanked out [ yet another bug ].

Please get these issues resolved. They're very annoying.
  • andyf123
    andyf123 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I confirm the same bug introduced in R 42.8. Automatic matching is BROKEN! Especially when a I enter a transaction manually after the download. It used to match automatically perfectly. It is disappointing that a version is getting released without basic regression testing. Customers shouldn't be the tester. Quicken ought to run throuh test cases and discover basic bugs like this before release.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @JRC Systems and @andyf123,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with the automatic matching function.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Are you experiencing this issue with any financial institution in particular? 

I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mike MGK
    Mike MGK Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue since I just upgraded to the latest version (R42.8). Mine is occurring with more than one account.
  • 13Bravo
    13Bravo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Having same issue and it does appear that it is happening for transactions that are entered AFTER the related transaction was already downloaded. But this was not an issue before so assuming this is related to recent update.

@Quicken - Is there a fix planned for this or is this logic change a planned thing? Thanks in advance!
  • Jeffrey Wilens
    Jeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I just downloaded 42.8 and confirm the "bug" or "feature" is there.  Manually adding transactions after download and they do not match automatically.  I have to exit the account, open another one, and then return to the account for the matches to work.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jimwagener
    jimwagener Member
    Options
    I can confirm this bug as well. I've been searching for solutions and finally found this post with others experiencing the exact same issue. It's definitely a refresh issue - as other have stated, if you switch accounts or take other actions that require the screen to refresh, the manually entered transactions will now match properly. For the record, I'm using Quicken Premier R42.8. Please fix this bug ASAP...
  • DavePaw
    DavePaw Member
    Options
    I can confirm I'm having the same issue in release 42.8. I've reported the problem via the application.
  • defender90rover
    defender90rover Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have this issue on 42.8 also. In my use case, I enter transactions that are to occur in the future. When the actual transaction appears in a download, and if the amount is not exactly as I entered, there is no match, of course! But, when I change my manual entered transaction to match, quicken cannot do the match. I must manually match.
  • BillCA
    BillCA Member
    Options
    If I enter a transaction in the log manually after a transaction has been downloaded from my credit union, the auto match no longer works like it used to before the latest update. If the transaction had been entered into the log before the update, auto match works. If the transaction is manually entered after the download so I can format it the way I want, auto match no longer works. It did before the patch. With the download and Status of New, I could enter the transaction, save it, and Quicken would automatically match it so all I had to do was click Accept. Now I have to Manually Match the downloaded transactions to the log entries I just added. Please fix this. Thanks.
  • QuickName
    QuickName Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue and would also like this fixed!
  • dmart
    dmart Member
    Options
    Same here, very annoying. Please fix
  • skyflash1
    skyflash1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here. One slightly easier work around is: After manually entering the transactions, click on another account, then back to the first account and the transactions should be matched.
  • Greg Brown
    Options
    This issue has been resolved with R42.19.

• Kevin Kyle
    Kevin Kyle Member
    Options
    > @"Quicken Jasmine" said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.
    >
    > While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

Thank you for investigating this. I've already reported the error and it included the log file set. Hopefully this will be fixed at next release.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It looks like a fix has been put in place with R42.19

This discussion has been closed.