How to edit Favorite Payee list in Quicken Mobile

Options
asdfjkl;
asdfjkl; Member
edited August 2022 in Using the Mobile App
I use the Quicken Mobile app on Android. At some point, I managed to configure a few payees to show up in the "Favorite Payee" list when adding a transaction. Now, I want to edit that list - but cannot remember how to do it, nor find an answer in the doc / online.

QUESTION: How can I add/remove payees from the Favorite Payee list?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @asdfjkl;,

Thank you for responding and for providing more information. I do apologize for the misunderstanding. 

You can access the "Favorite Payee List" by creating a new transaction, then you will swipe left on a Payee located under "All Payees" and it will give you a green box with a white star to click in order to add this Payee as a favorite. If you would like to remove Payees as favorites then you will swipe left on any Payee located. under the "Favorite Payees", you should see a red box with the white star crossed out which to have it removed. See screenshots below:

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hello @asdfjkl;,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question.

Currently there is no way to edit the memorized payee list inside of the mobile app. If you would like to get rid of them you can go to the application on your computer and delete them from the memorized payee list.

For windows open up quicken and across the top click on  Tools -> Memorized payee list. Once in the list right click the payee you would like to remove and select delete. Once this is done make sure to update your cloud so that the changes go through.

I would also recommend looking at our support article Here in for some additional tips and tricks under the delete transactions section to help you keep that memorized payee list clean.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• asdfjkl;
    asdfjkl; Member
    Options
    I'm not looking to delete a Memorized Payee - I would like to manage which existing Memorized Payees appear in the Favorite Payee list when I create a transaction in Quicken Mobile.

I'm talking about the feature that you can control in the mobile app via Settings > Display Favorite Payees. When this is enabled, when I go to choose a payee for a transaction, a few favorites show up at the top of the list, above the default All Payees list.

I edited it at some point to add specific favorites. I remember it being in some unintuitive (to me) place, but now I can't find it again. Do you know how I can configure that list?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @asdfjkl;,

Thank you for responding and for providing more information. I do apologize for the misunderstanding. 

You can access the "Favorite Payee List" by creating a new transaction, then you will swipe left on a Payee located under "All Payees" and it will give you a green box with a white star to click in order to add this Payee as a favorite. If you would like to remove Payees as favorites then you will swipe left on any Payee located. under the "Favorite Payees", you should see a red box with the white star crossed out which to have it removed. See screenshots below:

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• asdfjkl;
    asdfjkl; Member
    Options
    That's it! Thank you Jasmine.

My brain just isn't trained to think to swipe in apps; I tried long press, looking in settings, reading the doc, to no avail.

On that latter point, if you have the ability to log an enhancement request for the website, would you please ask the author of the page "Quicken Mobile Companion App User Guide" (https://www.quicken.com/how-use-quicken-mobile-companion-app) to add a description of how to manage the Favorite Payee list? There doesn't appear to be a feedback option on that page where I can send the comment myself.

Thanks again!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @asdfjkl;,

I am glad that I could help!

To request this feature to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.