Wells Fargo Outage - SSL error with Quicken Mac

Options
JRF2
JRF2 Member ✭✭
Quicken is not working with Wells Fargo Bank servers as of 8 AM EST ON JULY 19, 2022

Best Answer

• JRF2
    JRF2 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    SOLVED: I use surfshark VPN. Even though I did not have the VPN active, the VPN was still active in my Network settings window. I got rid of the Surfshark VPN in my networks and the problem was solved.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @JRF2,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Wells Fargo account(s). 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I am looking forward to hearing your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• JRF2
    JRF2 Member ✭✭
    Options
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I understand you're a Quicken Mac user whereas I only have experience with Windows systems.
    An SSL error makes me look for Internet option settings for my system: There are settings to "Use TLS x.x". Enable all available "TLS x.x" choices and turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
    You might want to take a look in this direction. Did any Internet settings change on your system? Did you add or change firewall settings?
    [Adding on to my response:]
    Googling "mac error 1200 ssl" returns, among others, this webpage: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/ssl-issues which seems to be pointing to a certificate error.

• JRF2
    JRF2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is not an issue on my end. I've been on the phone with Tech support for two days now. They're telling me there is an issue with "some" Wells Fargo customers and direct connect.

And just now yet another tech told me I need to call Wells Fargo support because only they can solve the direct connect issue.
  • JRF2
    JRF2 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    SOLVED: I use surfshark VPN. Even though I did not have the VPN active, the VPN was still active in my Network settings window. I got rid of the Surfshark VPN in my networks and the problem was solved.
  • JRF2
    JRF2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also, I was wrong... It was an issue on my end. Please forgive me.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your response with the solution. This should help other users in this situation.

This discussion has been closed.