Changing check number in Bill Pay

deaconjon
deaconjon Member ✭✭
Because I have several accounts from which I pay bills, I am getting duplicate and triplicate check numbers. How can the starting check number be changed. When I first started using Quicken Bill Pay, all checks from each account started with 90101. So, if I have 3 different accounts, I have 3 checks with the number 90101. I would have liked to have the different accounts begin with different numbers. E.g., 70101, 80101, 90101.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @deaconjon,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

After doing some digging, the only place I found where the first check number can be changed is in the Print Checks view (see below).

However, if this is not what you are looking for, then I recommend that you submit an official feature request with details describing exactly what you would like to see added in the future You can do so by creating an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• deaconjon
    deaconjon Member ✭✭
    What you suggested is fine for printing your own checks. However, my issue is with Quicken Check pay. For some unknown and strange reason, when Quicken check pay is commenced, the first check number assigned by check pay is 90101 in any AND all accounts in which check pay is being used. I may have already been using my own personal checks in the subject account having numbers beginning with 90100 which would result in duplicate check numbers. I want to be able to assign a starting check number for each of the accounts in which I am using Quicken check pay. Currently, that is not an option!!!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2022
    @deaconjon thank you for your response.

As mentioned in my previous response, if the feature you are looking for does not currently exist, then please feel free to submit an official feature request with details describing exactly what you would like to see added in the future. You can do so by creating an idea post

If you have already done so, then please disregard.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.