Citibank debit transactions just a timestamp (Q Mac)

Options
Tdunlop
Tdunlop Member
edited August 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Hi, the overwhelming majority of my and my wife’s transactions from our Citibank debit card show up in Quicken this year as has uncategorized timestamps. Similarly if we use our phones to pay from our debit cards we get just the word “mobile“ for a transaction identifier. I have to go through and categorize all these by myself. What’s the use in having Quicken? Is there a fix for this?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Tdunlop,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Citibank account(s) to see if the same issue occurs with uncategorized timestamps for the transactions. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Tdunlop
    Tdunlop Member
    Options
    So that worked, was able to sync since the first of the year. Is there a way to merge these new, more specific transactions with my old finance doc which as years of recorded transactions?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Tdunlop,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since the test file worked successfully, this confirms that the issue is within your current data file only. To answer your question, there is no way to merge these transactions from the test file to your current file.

However, there are 2 different routes you can take from here. The 1st would be to restore a previous backup that was saved before this issue started and see if doing so will resolve the issue in which case you would move forward using the restored file. The 2nd would be to disconnect the account in your original file, add it as a new account, move the transactions from the old account to the new account, and then delete the old account.

Let us know how you wish to proceed and we can provide instructions! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.