CC-502 Wings Financial Credit Union Ongoing

Options
For almost a year I have had ongoing issues with intermittent CC-502 errors when I do a one step update with Wings Financial Credit Union. I have posted this issue in this community only to have the discussion "closed" with no action. I have "reported a problem" with my log and data files numerous times and nothing seems to be done. Several months ago I went round and round with support trying to get this issue fixed.
Finally when I talked to the real technical people they acknowledged a problem and said they would work on it without any suggestion of a real timeline of when it would be fixed. Now I get emails from Quicken that they want to enhance Quicken with Estate Planning tools. Why doesn't fix the existing problems with their product before they add more complexity to their product?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @jerryd1 - is the error CC-502 or CC-501?  Your prior two posts are for error CC-501.  I ask because the cause and possible solutions for these errors are very different.

I have to say that I have several accounts at Wings Financial CU and I have had no issues with my connection with any of them.  I know you spent many hours with Quicken Customer Support, but have you tried any troubleshooting steps, or searched for any support articles on these CC-502, CC-501 errors?

These are just some examples of support articles that might help fix your errors. Before you attempt any of these suggestions or make any major changes to your data file, please do a backup first.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

But before you do anything else, I would recommend doing a validate or super validate -

Validate: 
    1. Click on "File"
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. Click on "File"
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• jerryd1
    jerryd1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have done Validate, Super Validate, read all those articles that you suggested, reported the problem and included my data numerous times. None of it has helped.
  • jerryd1
    jerryd1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Today it's CC-501. Yesterday it was a CC-502.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @jerryd1 - how many accounts do you have at Wings Financial?  When you disconnect and reconnect your accounts, please make sure to disconnect all your accounts at Wings first before reactivating them.  All accounts at Wings would need to be deactivated even the ones that don't have issues.

When you reactivate online services for these Wings accounts make sure to "link to existing" and reconnect to the appropriate accounts on Quicken.
  • jerryd1
    jerryd1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've done all that, too, numerous times. The trend I have been seeing is that when I have transactions to download on one or more of my Wings accounts the One Step Update works correctly. When there are no new transactions (data) to download, I receive a CC-501 or CC-502.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @jerryd1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

As stated in this support article regarding error CC-501, if the issue persists for more than 24 hours, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files to further investigate the issue and will then likely be required to file an escalation in order to have it successfully resolved.

I do apologize for being unable to resolve this issue from here in the Community.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ecstratton
    ecstratton Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been having the problem off and on since Spring of 2022. I had tech support on the line yesterday and today and it always shows those two days as some time out issue in gathering acct info.

The theory you mention "The trend I have been seeing is that when I have transactions to download on one or more of my Wings accounts the One Step Update works correctly. When there are no new transactions (data) to download, I receive a CC-501 or CC-502."
    might be part of the issue.

However, I think it may also be the number of accounts at Wings associated with your acct (or wings ID). My daughter has three accounts and her Quicken updates always run just fine with or without new transactions. My wife id has 8 wings accounts and I have 9 accts and we both can get the CC-502 more frequently. Even if we deactivate & reactivate all the Wings accounts on our quicken file we will still encounter this error. I have even set up a new quicken file & tried to add my wings accounts & it gets the CC-502 without ever getting to the screen that allows you to set-up accounts. This test file error case eliminates all the file validation type issues and point more towards how Quicken & Wings works together to gather the account data.

Given the timeout error seen in my errors (according to Quicken Tech support) it might be an issue with the Wings Server gathering all the needed data before it responds back to the quicken Connection with this data. Tech Support level 2 is going to call me back on 11/1/2022 but the level1 said most likely they are going to say it a Wings Server issue specific to my Wings ID.

Does anyone else know what finally worked for them to resolve this issue?
    Does it still work sporadically, or do you get the CC-502 error consistently?
    Any thought on how to work around or resolve this issue that someone tried that was not already listed above?