Upgrading from Deluxe

Options
:( I do not see a way online to upgrade from my Quicken Deluxe subscription to a Quicken Premier subscription. I want to use Bill Pay but understand that I need to upgrade to Premier. Any ideas how I can do this?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @sniderr

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you read the instructions in https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-manage-my-quicken-subscription ? Click the blue text "> Upgrade" to expand the section and follow instructions

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @sniderr - There are two different methods for paying bills in Quicken.  I think the one you are referring to is via Quicken Bill Manager.  QBM comes standard as part of Premier and Home & Business editions but you do not have to upgrade to one of them to get that feature.  You can keep your Deluxe edition and pay a monthly fee to add QBM service if you prefer but upgrading to Premier would probably be more cost effective.
    Another method that is available with any of the Quicken editions and that Quicken does not charge anything for is Bank Bill Pay.  If your bank supports Direct Connect and supports bill pay via Direct Connect you can use this without needing to upgrade your connection method.  But you should check with your bank first because some banks (by no means all banks) that offer Bank Bill Pay via Direct Connect require a unique log in for Quicken and/or charge a monthly fee for the service.
    Bank Bill Pay is very easy to set up and use...just set up the Payee information in Quicken and then enter a "Send" transaction for the Payee in your checking account register.  The payment command will be sent directly to your bank during OSU.  The transaction will then show up in your register as sent and the bank will later update that transaction when the payment is process and completed.
    It is also more reliable than is QBM.  I have totally free Bank Bill Pay set up with 4 different banks (Wells Fargo, PNC, Bremer Bank, Midland States Bank) and have been using them for years without any significant issues.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.