Quicken for Windows transferable to iOS?

eleroy44
eleroy44 Member ✭✭
I wasn't sure what category this belongs in. I have a subscription for Quicken Deluxe for Windows. If I change platforms to the Mac, must I resubscribe to the Mac version, or will this version adapt itself? If I have to ditch the Windows version and buy the Mac version, will the Mac version open my saved Windows files?

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @eleroy44,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

You will not need to purchase a separate subscription to convert from Windows to Mac. Your existing subscription will allow you to download and install on both platforms. You can download Quicken for Mac through this link here. Choose the last option titled "I'm installing or reinstalling Quicken", then choose Download for Mac.

For instructions on how to convert your Windows data file to Mac, please refer to this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Your current subscription covers both Mac and Windows, so you don't have to buy anything new. Just log in to your account at Quicken.com and download the Mac installer.

When you first start Quicken on the Mac you'll have the opportunity to import the data from your Windows file. It would be a good idea to have both systems running side by side so after you have your data in Quicken Mac you can compare the two to make sure they match.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @eleroy44,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

You will not need to purchase a separate subscription to convert from Windows to Mac. Your existing subscription will allow you to download and install on both platforms. You can download Quicken for Mac through this link here. Choose the last option titled "I'm installing or reinstalling Quicken", then choose Download for Mac.

For instructions on how to convert your Windows data file to Mac, please refer to this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Your current subscription covers both Mac and Windows, so you don't have to buy anything new. Just log in to your account at Quicken.com and download the Mac installer.

When you first start Quicken on the Mac you'll have the opportunity to import the data from your Windows file. It would be a good idea to have both systems running side by side so after you have your data in Quicken Mac you can compare the two to make sure they match.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    And just to add one minor point of clarity here for you or anyone else reading this thread: iOS is the operating system for Apple phones and iPads. There is no native version of Quicken which runs on iOS; there is only an app which is a companion to desktop Quicken on either a Mac or Windows computer. The operating system on a Mac is called macOS, not iOS. I only wanted to clarify this because there are people who wish they could switch from Quicken Windows to an iPad, and that's not possible without a computer running the Quicken desktop application.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.