HTTP-503 Error AMEX

nothingclever
nothingclever Member ✭✭
Getting it starting this morning, tried to re-connect my account without any luck.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I saw the same thing. My guess is that it will probably fix itself. It's not that unusual to see this happen once in a while, especially on a Monday morning. I'd try again this afternoon or tomorrow.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Lysander Spooner
    Lysander Spooner Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Starting today, August 1, I get an error when trying to connect to American Express.
    I was using Direct Connect.
    I disconnected and try to re-connect but that does not work.

HTTP 503

NOTE: Telephone support has been able to duplicate the issue and elevated it.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I had the same issue. My advise is to just wait til this afternoon or tomorrow. Be patient. These things often correct themselves in a bit. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Propinquity
    Propinquity Member ✭✭
    I'm getting it too. It downloaded on 7/30 fine. 7/31 no.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Benz44
    Benz44 Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. Error 503 on all my Amex accounts.
  • Hello All, 

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue. 

We do now have an Active Alert regarding online banking errors with American Express. You may follow this link in order to access the Alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MartinSc
    MartinSc Member
    I am having the same issue from 8/1 morning, and still not resolved as of the time of this comment. Also a note, the error code I am getting on my American Express accounts is HTTP-503, which is the same as mentioned in the comments above, but different from the one mentioned in the alert (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7917086/new-8-1-22-american-express-ol-294-a/p1?new=1).

For reference, I am using Quicken Mac subscription version with latest update.
  • Propinquity
    Propinquity Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, we all are reporting having Error 503. The link you sent to the Amex alert is saying FDP-105. So this won't help any of us.
  • Lysander Spooner
    edited August 2022
    I get Error HTTP 503, not FDP-105. Ongoing 8/2/2022.
  • Matt Comer
    Matt Comer Member ✭✭✭
    Same - I am receiving HTTP 503 and NOT FDP-105. (Quicken Mac)
  • katsrgreat1
    katsrgreat1 Member ✭✭
    I get the same error, I run the update a second time and it usually works and I can balance the account.
  • S. Wood
    S. Wood Member ✭✭
    I'm getting the 503 error as well. I've been with Quicken for over 20 years and I've never had as many problems as I've had in the last month. Super frustrating!
  • Benz44
    Benz44 Member ✭✭
    503 error here as well for all Amex accounts.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    Same for me. Began on August 1st. @Quicken Sarah, any thoughts?
  • Propinquity
    Propinquity Member ✭✭
    Hi, Everybody. Just got off the phone (10:20 am ET) with Quicken and the tech support guy says regardless of that FDP-105 alert, they are well-aware of the 503 error. I told him that a bunch of us on Quicken community forum are complaining about it, not just me. And he said he'd "push" that info up the food chain. I guess all we can do now is be patient.
  • chucksav
    chucksav Member ✭✭
    Haven't been able to connect since yesterday. 8/1/22. I saw the announcement by Jasmine and just wanted to note that I am getting a different error code than the one noted in the announcement.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken Sarah, any thoughts?
    @AZCoder1959 Just FYI, Sarah left last year and is no longer with Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • HPeet
    HPeet Member ✭✭
    Also getting the same HTTP-503 Download Error from American Express starting on 7/29/22. Also, have been kicked off of Chase Direct Connect. Grr.
  • muddywater
    muddywater Member
    As of 8/1 getting same HTTP-503 error on all Amex accounts
  • Lysander Spooner
    Do we know if this is a Quicken problem or AMEX issue?
  • Philip Wu
    Philip Wu Member ✭✭
    Might as well pile on: Same http-503 error code x 2 days now.
  • KGB
    KGB Member ✭✭
    Me as well, but at least it's been acknowledged by Quicken. See Quicken Jasmine's post above.
  • iklett
    iklett Member
    I'll add that I am having the exact same problem with Quickbooks as that described here with Quicken... this started AFAIK Monday morning 1 Aug... with both products... I know Quickbooks is another thing at this point but this does seem to point to Amex.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    iklett said:
    I'll add that I am having the exact same problem with Quickbooks as that described here with Quicken... this started AFAIK Monday morning 1 Aug... with both products... I know Quickbooks is another thing at this point but this does seem to point to Amex.
    Or it could point to Intuit as all EWC data flows thru Intuit servers to Quicken... same blame game existed during the Schwab mess... 

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    jacobs said:
    @Quicken Sarah, any thoughts?
    @AZCoder1959 Just FYI, Sarah left last year and is no longer with Quicken.
    Thanks. 

My apologies to @Quicken Jasmine, I didn't see your post before I replied.
  • Lysander Spooner
    edited August 2022
    FIXED! I was able to reconnect to AMEX today August 3, 2022. I was able to set up Direct Connect and download transactions.

Thanks for fixing this.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    After a few days of 503 errors, I successfully connected this evening as well.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Working again as of this morning.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    Confirming it's working this morning. Yay.
This discussion has been closed.