How do I stop Quicken from asking to reauthorize closed Chase account

Options
DK-MGIL
DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
Quicken keeps asking me reauthorize for a Chase account that is no longer active. My active accounts with Chase are already reauthorized and successfully using EWC+. But when I go to synch accounts I still get a screen asking me to reauthorize a non-existent Chase account.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

While our teams continue to investigate, they are still requesting more problem reports to be submitted via Help > Report a problem and also ask that screenshots be included in your submission.

The more reports we receive, the better! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Metooalso
    Metooalso Member ✭✭
    Options
    Metoo I keep reauthorizing and it keeps asking.
  • guy@gw
    guy@gw Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here two days in a row, especially using Update area.
  • wfeigley
    wfeigley Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same problem! It's bad enough it wouldn't let me link to the old account when the new authorization method was required, but now it keeps telling me to reauthorize the closed, old account which is not longer even set up for downloading.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Wood2Dust
    Wood2Dust Member
    Options
    I deactivated update for accounts that I don't use anymore - especially one hidden account I don't use anymore was the problem.
  • DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    There are no open accounts (whether hidden or not) to deactivate. Problem persists even after deactivating everything and trying again. Quicken just keeps asking for reauthorization of a closed account. [Removed - Speculation]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

While our teams continue to investigate, they are still requesting more problem reports to be submitted via Help > Report a problem and also ask that screenshots be included in your submission.

The more reports we receive, the better! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• edgy04
    edgy04 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been experiencing this problem too. I have 4 Chase accounts. The other ones got updated to the new download protocol. I keep getting this (1st attachment):

You can see here (2nd attachment) that the account is hidden and closed:
  • edgy04
    edgy04 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I guess that second attachment did not come through. Here it is again.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please try the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Press and hold CTRL + Shift while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
  • DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Validating the file was one of my early steps. Did not help.
  • mmpunch
    mmpunch Member ✭✭
    Options
    Exactly why I did not complete the ReAuthorization of my Chase accounts today. They (Quicken and Chase) still need to improve this Reauthorization process, by allowing the Reauthorized Accounts to be "linked" to existing accounts within the current Quicken File. The "Existing" accounts are not currently shown within the Link to Existing Accounts pull down menu.
  • mikeb210
    mikeb210 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I reauthorized my Chase accounts, as required, but keep getting the prompt to reauthorize when I do an OSU. At the "Link Accounts" step I set all to "Do Not Add to Quicken" because the options in the dropdown did not accurately display the related Quicken accounts.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mikeb210 said:
    I am having the same problem. I reauthorized my Chase accounts, as required, but keep getting the prompt to reauthorize when I do an OSU. At the "Link Accounts" step I set all to "Do Not Add to Quicken" because the options in the dropdown did not accurately display the related Quicken accounts.
    Once again, that Chase reauthorization process will not work if you did not deactivate all your Chase accounts (including any old, hidden, long closed at the bank accounts which are still activated) BEFORE starting to reauthorize. An account which is already activated cannot be activated again unless you deactivate first.

• DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Solutions that suggest deactivating and then reactivation again do not work. The issue is not a "hidden" account--but an entry that has been "closed" in Quicken. Once closed in Quicken you cannot do anything with it and it's login should not be in the list when you click on "one step update." But it does appear!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DK-MGIL said:
    Solutions that suggest deactivating and then reactivation again do not work. The issue is not a "hidden" account--but an entry that has been "closed" in Quicken. Once closed in Quicken you cannot do anything with it and it's login should not be in the list when you click on "one step update." But it does appear!
    If the account register is marked closed in Quicken, is the same account also marked closed at the bank?
    If it isn't, that would explain why you get nagged.

BTW, isn't there a "[√] Remind me later" or similar checkbox at the bottom of the dialog? If so, try removing or setting the checkmark.

• DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    Options
    I wish there was such a simple solution--but no. Quicken prompts me to reauthorize the problem account. At first I would try dong that but it did not work because there actually was not an account needing reauthorization. So I bypass that dialogue box by saying "skip now." But the next time it is there again. After I say "skip now," Quicken goes to the one step update settings where there is a box to check to update the closed account. I have tried checking that, but of course nothing happens because the account for that old login is not really there. So I now leave that box unchecked and can proceed normally. But that does not solve the problem. In terms of the bank--all my active Chase accounts are "authorized" under the new system and work. Basically I just want to stop the erroneous prompt and get the irrelevant account check box off of one step update. The work around is to ignore / bypass everything for the ghost account, but that is not a solution. Thanks for the attempts to provide a solution--and now I know I am not alone with this issue. Guess just have to wait to see what happens with future updates.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. Your problem is "above my pay grade" and I'm sorry, I can't help you.

Quicken Support:

• RobWDavis
    RobWDavis Member ✭✭
    Options
    I got the exact same problem today, when I was required/forced to reauthorize. I have 3 accounts with chase. One has been closed since 2018. I'm being asked to deactivate/reactivate the closed account. I tried deleting the financial institution, but it won't take. So, I'm stuck with "Skip for now" every time I update. That is until a bug fix is released for this.

On top of that, I had to disconnect the other 2 accounts and reconnect them so that they would link properly with the online download data.
  • DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yup...same behavior. I received an update to Quicken yesterday that said it fixed some Chase problems--but apparently not this one. Unfortunately no change. Same problem persists.
  • Eddie Choy
    Eddie Choy Member ✭✭
    Options
    yes, I am having the same problem. I also have another problem. When I schedule a bill pay in Chase it is not updating the account in Quicken.
  • nelaco
    nelaco Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Same issue here.  I have to hit "Skip....." every time.  Thankfully it works but not ideal.
  • Cliff S
    Cliff S Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    FIXED IT!

I closed the account (In my case, Discover Card) that Quicken repeatedly wanted me to reauthorize.

TOOLS --> MANAGE HIDDEN ACCOUNTS --> Select CLOSE ACCOUNT Button
  • rajuabju
    rajuabju Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also having this issue, except with a very old Bank of America credit card account, which has been closed for years (both the actual CC, as well as the account within Quicken). I was able to successfully re-authorize all my current/existing accounts with Chase, BofA, Discover, and so on. However, I have an old Bofa CC, closed for many years. Within Quicken its "hidden" account that is "Closed" and thus cannot be edited in ANY WAY, and obviously cannot be 'reopened' within Quicken either. I keep getting the re-authorization message, and skip each time, but obviously I dont want to be doing this forever going forward. Quicken has to implement a way to "permanent skip" re-authorization or something similar.
  • DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    Options
    As those of us with the problem have pointed out, it occurs with accounts that ALREADY have been closed. Suggestions that closing the account will fix it are not relevant. The account is already closed and uneditable, but Quicken still wants to insists it needs to be reauthorized.
  • DK-MGIL
    DK-MGIL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just updated to the latest Quicken version. No change. Problem still exists. Still getting reauthorization screen for an account that has been closed.
  • rajuabju
    rajuabju Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not sure why this is cant simply be fixed with a second button choice that says "Dont ask again" or something like that... unlike some of the other ongoing issues, this one seems like it would be a relatively easier fix if we could be given the option to permanently hide/stop re-authorization requests.
This discussion has been closed.