BMO - Bank of Montreal Web Connect not working

Firstly, this has been an issue for months. No matter what I do in my current Quicken file or if I create a new Quicken file, when I try to setup Web Connect on an existing BMO account or a new account it logs in fine, but returns the wrong values is missing accounts. It shows my chequing account on their side, but Quicken thinks it is a credit card. No other accounts are listed as being at BMO. Quicken support tells me to contact the bank. The bank says to contact Quicken support.
Tagged:

Comments

• Deanna M
    Deanna M Member
    I am having the same problem. It use to work until there was an update Quicken wanted me to download.
  • I am also experiencing that problem.
  • grimmt1957
    grimmt1957 Member ✭✭
    Me too.
    I have to use manual updates via QFX file downloads to update my BMO accounts (i.e. Web Connect).
  • grimmt1957
    grimmt1957 Member ✭✭
    Sorry, misread your issue.
    I'm having issues with "Express Web Connect" on BMO accounts.

I have also seen the account type mismatch issue using "Web Connect".
    If I remember correctly, I think I had to recreate my BMO account from scratch using a QFX file and not link to the existing account. I then transferred transactions over from the old account - it was a bit of a slog to complete. After this, I simply continued to download QFX files for my account transactions.
  • Axel
    Axel Canada Beta Beta
    any update on this original post as I have the same problem with mismatching account types ?
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
    -Quicken Jasmine
  • kei-ing
    kei-ing Member
    No resolution to this issue for months. Will not renew Quicken for the next year.
  • Axel
    Axel Canada Beta Beta
    so I did submit a Report and surprisingly someone from Support (Ken) actually called and then also follow up with an email - the fix/solution is to try the 3 different BMO/Bank Of Montreal online services to see if a different one works - for me it was the BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C that enabled me to link my Chequing account - important to delete any past linking from the account
  • Axel, what are the three types? On my laptop, I go to https://www1.bmo.com/banking/digital/login?lang=en which accesses both my chequing and MC accounts My iPhone app requires the same information - card number and password. I don't have an investing account with BMO. I do have an LOC account but no card for it.
  • Axel
    Axel Canada Beta Beta
    When adding a new account (no worries you can link it to an existing one later)