BMO - Bank of Montreal Web Connect not working

Options
ptaylor56
ptaylor56 Member
edited December 2022 in All Things Canadian (Windows)
Firstly, this has been an issue for months. No matter what I do in my current Quicken file or if I create a new Quicken file, when I try to setup Web Connect on an existing BMO account or a new account it logs in fine, but returns the wrong values is missing accounts. It shows my chequing account on their side, but Quicken thinks it is a credit card. No other accounts are listed as being at BMO. Quicken support tells me to contact the bank. The bank says to contact Quicken support.
Tagged:

Comments

• Deanna M
    Options
    I am having the same problem. It use to work until there was an update Quicken wanted me to download.
  • Alexandre Caron
    Options
    I am also experiencing that problem.
  • grimmt1957
    grimmt1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me too.
    I have to use manual updates via QFX file downloads to update my BMO accounts (i.e. Web Connect).
  • grimmt1957
    grimmt1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, misread your issue.
    I'm having issues with "Express Web Connect" on BMO accounts.

I have also seen the account type mismatch issue using "Web Connect".
    If I remember correctly, I think I had to recreate my BMO account from scratch using a QFX file and not link to the existing account. I then transferred transactions over from the old account - it was a bit of a slog to complete. After this, I simply continued to download QFX files for my account transactions.
  • Axel
    Axel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    any update on this original post as I have the same problem with mismatching account types ?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• kei-ing
    kei-ing Member
    Options
    No resolution to this issue for months. Will not renew Quicken for the next year.
  • Axel
    Axel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    so I did submit a Report and surprisingly someone from Support (Ken) actually called and then also follow up with an email - the fix/solution is to try the 3 different BMO/Bank Of Montreal online services to see if a different one works - for me it was the BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C that enabled me to link my Chequing account - important to delete any past linking from the account
  • Barry in NS
    Options
    Axel, what are the three types? On my laptop, I go to https://www1.bmo.com/banking/digital/login?lang=en which accesses both my chequing and MC accounts My iPhone app requires the same information - card number and password. I don't have an investing account with BMO. I do have an LOC account but no card for it.
  • Axel
    Axel Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Options
    When adding a new account (no worries you can link it to an existing one later)
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At least one of the posters here (@Barry in NS) is referring to Web Connect method and at least one is referring to Express Web Connect (@Axel). The two methods are very different and what applies to one doesn't apply (necessarily) to the other.

The issue with the bank/brand "BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C" has been present in Quicken for many years. BMO abandoned the Mosaik brand many years ago (don't recall the exact timeframe, but it may be 10 years ago now). I've brought this issue to the attention of Quicken many times - there is no Mosaik anymore - but, Quicken claim they are unable to do anything about it. I wish someone would finally fix this bank branding issue.

FWIW, I download BMO Bank of Montreal Mastercard transactions daily using Express Web Connect. My financial institution is set to the "Mosaik M-C" one... even though there is no such bank and hasn't been for ~10 years. If you are having issues connecting to BMO, try the Mosaik institution, even if you have never heard of Mosaik.
  • Johnvn
    Johnvn Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any suggestions for linking a Royal Bank account?
  • jcblanche
    jcblanche Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I have the same problem where my checking account is seen as a credit card account when I try to connect my account to BMO. Could it be that Quicken doesnt see it as a checking account because BMO is giving me a 'credit line' on my checking account? I can go under a balance of zero with my checking account (its a service they provided at one point when I was laid off) So now I am stuck with my history and cannot connect automatically. Can download manually each account but would love to use the feature I am paying for with Quicken to download all automatically.
  • tzmax
    tzmax Member
    Options
    Have been having the same problem for months and have resorted to manually entering transactions for a whole bunch of BMO accounts. Spent an hour with Quicken support who tried literally everything and thinks it is a bank issue, but when I call BMO they say they don't have a department that can help me with this. If not resolved by January I will start new year with QuickBooks, assuming downloads work with them. Has anyone used them with BMO in Canada? This is SO frustrating, and clearly Quicken is not wokring with BMO ot fix it.
  • tzmax
    tzmax Member
    Options
    Also, when I download manually the categories and trasnfer accounts are all wrong and I still have to correct each entry.
  • TCREC
    TCREC Member
    Options
    I have typed in my regular BMO client card number into the Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C under add account and it works for my chequing accounts savings and even my Mortgage. Try that.
  • Arctic Hare
    Options
    tzmax said:
    Have been having the same problem for months and have resorted to manually entering transactions for a whole bunch of BMO accounts. Spent an hour with Quicken support who tried literally everything and thinks it is a bank issue, but when I call BMO they say they don't have a department that can help me with this. If not resolved by January I will start new year with QuickBooks, assuming downloads work with them. Has anyone used them with BMO in Canada? This is SO frustrating, and clearly Quicken is not wokring with BMO ot fix it.
    I routinely, successfully download my BMO World Elite Mastercard transactions from BMO Bank of Montreal (Canada) into Quicken Windows (Canadian edition - Home & Business) using Express Web Connect. Web Connect also works, but is less convenient. The Bank Branding is "BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C" in Quicken. In real life, including on the credit card, it is BMO Bank of Montreal (no such thing anymore as "Mosaik").
  • Arctic Hare
    Options
    tzmax said:
    Also, when I download manually the categories and trasnfer accounts are all wrong and I still have to correct each entry.
    That is normal unless you have memorized category mappings in your Memorized Payee List, in which case the categories should be mapped according to what is memorized in the payee list (you might want to review and edit that list).
  • Arctic Hare
    Options
    TCREC said:
    I have typed in my regular BMO client card number into the Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C under add account and it works for my chequing accounts savings and even my Mortgage. Try that.
    If you are tying this, make sure to delete the content from the FI and Account # fields in the EWC setup and close and reopen Quicken before trying to resetup Quicken again. If you don't do this extra step, Quicken can map back to the prior (wrong) FI by default.
This discussion has been closed.