Chase Credit Card - Express Web Connect+

Options
Today I switched from direct connect to EWC+ for this account. Seemed to go smoothly; the authorization completed successfully and nothing unusual happened in the register after updating via EWC+. As for bill pay, I was prompted to add Chase because Quicken found the bill automatically, but the only option for paying the bill is with check pay. So, I'm just wanting to verify this: with Chase now using EWC+, the only option for bill pay is to pay with check pay. Is that right? Are there any plans for the ability to pay Chase credit card bills with online quick pay? Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• axman53
    axman53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Interestingly, now when I look at the Chase account in the account manager, it prompts me to "improve my connection" and wants me to switch back to direct connect! Even Quicken knows that EWC+ is a downgrade from direct connect, or at least it seems that way to me.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @axman53,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

axman53 said:
    So, I'm just wanting to verify this: with Chase now using EWC, the only option for bill pay is to pay with check pay. Is that right? Are there any plans for the ability to pay Chase credit card bills with online quick pay? Thank you.
    Yes, that is correct. Currently, the only option to pay is Check Pay with Chase. Currently, there are no known plans for enabling Quick Pay.

For more details on this topic please refer to this Community Announcement.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Be sure to avoid late fees and penalty interest rates

Are you about to be late with making your bill payment due to problems or unexpected delays in Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay or Check Pay) that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion?

Due to the complexity of the matter it can take apparently forever to identify and fix a problem, if at all possible. While you're fighting the Bill Manager windmill, waiting for the problems to be resolved, to avoid missed payments I recommend you totally bypass the problem and logon directly to the biller's website and authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and perhaps all future payments from your checking account. The biller will do all the work for you and make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

This discussion has been closed.