Why do I get a two-step authorization code for my CITI card with a BofA text heading?

hmday
hmday Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
I used OSU to update my Citi Costco account. I received a pop for two step authorization.  The text I received  for the authorization code was from Bank o fAmerica. I entered the code my CITI acount updated! I also have a BofA card it did not update....weird

Answers

• Hello @hmday,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the screen you described above? If needed, please review those Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hmday
    I reported the problem.  I tried to update my Citi CC account to send a screenshot, but I do not get a request for two step authorization.   however, now invest prices do not update.

• hmday
    I reinstalled and all seems to be working....thank you
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2022
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that reinstalling worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hmday

Hi Quicken Anja It happened again. I have a two-step authorization for Citi bank card. The code I receive is text headed "#BofA" sort of strange...
  • UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can, please grab an image snapshot of the text you received on your smartphone and attach it here ... that should tell everybody what you're talking about ...
    Thanks.
  • hmday
    This is the text message I received. It has a Bank of America heading and a code for my Citi card. 

This discussion has been closed.