Why do I get a two-step authorization code for my CITI card with a BofA text heading?

Options
hmday
hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
I used OSU to update my Citi Costco account. I received a pop for two step authorization.  The text I received  for the authorization code was from Bank o fAmerica. I entered the code my CITI acount updated! I also have a BofA card it did not update....weird

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @hmday,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the screen you described above? If needed, please review those Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I reported the problem.  I tried to update my Citi CC account to send a screenshot, but I do not get a request for two step authorization.   however, now invest prices do not update.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I reinstalled and all seems to be working....thank you
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that reinstalling worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Quicken Anja It happened again. I have a two-step authorization for Citi bank card. The code I receive is text headed "#BofA" sort of strange...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you can, please grab an image snapshot of the text you received on your smartphone and attach it here ... that should tell everybody what you're talking about ...
    Thanks.
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is the text message I received. It has a Bank of America heading and a code for my Citi card. 

This discussion has been closed.