Pentagon Federal Credit Union Bank accounts not downloading or updating?

Options
Pentagon Federal Credit union Accounts missing

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding Pentagon Federal users receiving CC-503 errors with their accounts. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @Wilbert,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please elaborate and provide further details on the issue you are experiencing? Are you receiving any specific error code(s) and/or message(s) when attempting to update?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Wilbert
    Wilbert Member
    Options
    Quicken does not update all five (5) of my Pentagon Federal credit union accounts. It updates only one, the ACCESS AMERICA account.
  • jschumann888
    Options
    I was able to connect around Sep 15th without issue after 3 weeks of 502's
  • Tom Slade
    Tom Slade Member ✭✭
    Options
    This error I have as well, and it is linked to the CC-502 download error. While I don't see the error message often, the one step update function simply does not download new entries. When I have entered them manually, and do a download first and then a reset, the OSU acts as if there were no downloads and does not provide any "match" entries. This is a multi year problem that is acknowledged but there has been no progress,
  • Wilbert
    Wilbert Member
    Options
    Agree.
  • Fighter Pilot
    Fighter Pilot Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Once again downloads from Pentagon Federal have stopped. The error says that PenFed is saying that my login credentials are wrong but this is NOT TRUE. I can log into the PenFed web site without any issue. It just does not work with Quicken!!! Quicken needs to work with PenFed to get this sorted out ONCE and FOR ALL!!!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding Pentagon Federal users receiving CC-503 errors with their accounts. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Tu Nguyen
    Tu Nguyen Member
    Options
    This is a long-term issue without any resolutions or work-around. Quicken should provide update on what has been attempted to fix this problem.
  • B. King
    B. King Member ✭✭
    Options
    With the length of the issue Quicken should offer compensation for the users that are having problems.
  • FredRVet
    FredRVet Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have several accounts with PenFed. Not being able to download due to wrong credentials is a huge issue.
    Please resolve this issue ASAP. It has gone on for far to long.
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have confirmed with PenFed Customer Service for the 4th time just now, that Penfed have in fact shut down all third party access including Quicken's. There are no PenFed plans to turn 3rd party access back on, so manually dowloading transactions is your only option if you want to keep using this CU.
  • Pelindaba
    Pelindaba Member ✭✭
    Options
    Its been a few weeks now that I cannot download from the Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Quicken is of no use to me right now and I think you should credit my account for time lost due to this problem. If it is not fixed soon I will not agree to renew.
  • JimRodgers
    JimRodgers Member ✭✭
    Options
    I join the chorus complaining about the Quicken issue with not recognizing valid PENFED credentials/pw for updates. I too will contact PENFED to inquire about things from their end, as csiks99@ reported earlier in this thread that PenFed has shut down ALL third-party access. Seems to me Quicken Support should be able to verify whether that is true and inform all interested Quicken users.

That particular issue aside, I can confirm that on/about 21 October, I contacted PENFED about a recurring problem with transfers to/from external institutions; they just weren't working.

Quicken informed me in very clear terms that "at this time" they could only support transfers to/from a SINGLE financial institution...but they couldn't tell me which one that was for me. (Meaning: i had to blindly keep trying transfers until I found the one that worked.)
    >> The reason given for all of this trouble: They have "security issues" that they're working on.
    >> At the time, I hadn't thought to inquire about my update problems with PenFed in Quicken. I just assumed Quicken was at fault for that.
    >> I now believe I assumed wrong.

Thus, I think everyone should hold off on accusing Quicken of being in the wrong here, and threatening cancelations. It appears from the multiple datapoints that PenFed may well be the at-fault party, not Quicken.

And no, I have no financial or employment associations with Quicken. Just another Quicken that is even more frustrated with PenFed than I am with Quicken. Indeed, I'm now reconsidering my association with PenFed -- perhaps it is time to move my deposits there.

JR
  • Harry D
    Harry D Member ✭✭
    Options
    As of tonight, PenFed's response is that the problem is with Quicken/Mint. So with Quicken blaming PenFed and Penfed blaming Quicken, it is unlikely that the problem is going to be solved anytime soon.
    Their response:

Thank you for contacting PenFed.

We are aware of an issue that is impacting use of Quicken and Mint for our members.

At this time, we have confirmed with Quicken and Mint that the technical issue is on their side; They are diligently working towards a timely resolution.

For additional support or concerns regarding the matter, it is recommended you contact Quicken or Mint directly for assistance.

Sincerely,

Jess B.
    PenFed Credit Union
  • jclookey
    jclookey Member
    Options
    Honestly this is getting plain and simple just STUPID... what the hell is the point of even having quicken when there are glitches in it that keep happening and take months to resolve... seems like we should be compensated for this given that we are paying for a subscription and not getting the promised service... and it isn't even just penfed... for a while citi and chase had issues as well... additionally no matter how many times I save my one step update settings it loses them EVERY SINGLE TIME... so over this piece of **** software.... honestly never thought I'd say this but I miss MS Money and how it was laid out ... maybe since musk is in a reviving mood he'll revive that too LUL
  • FredRVet
    FredRVet Member ✭✭
    Options
    We are almost into Tax Season. Why can't this issue be resolved. I have too many PenFed accounts to enter manually into Quicken. I have used Quicken for years but I am very disappointed that this download issue is still an issue.
  • cwc
    cwc Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am now wholly unable to reconnect with PenFed in Quicken. After several lengthy "Looking for your accounts..." effort, Quicken times out and reports that "it is not your fault." FYI, Pentagon Federal Credit Union has a notice in its downloading transaction history knowledge base that "For your security, PenFed does not encourage using financial planning apps that use screen-scraping techniques to collect account information." Quicken is such a platform. PFCU only provides instructions for using PenFed Online to upload transactions to Quicken (and other packages).
  • FredRVet
    FredRVet Member ✭✭
    Options
    So my Quicken for MAC annual renewal is due at the end of this month. Raises concern over this PenFed download issue. Will it ever be fixed or should I look for a different product?
  • NPL
    NPL Member
    Options
    This has been a problem for years, on and off w/ PenFed. They are a so-so company w/ some odd notions about customer service (as in: it's our way, go elsewhere if you don't like it).

That said, you can download transactions off the PenFed website and click on the downloaded file to upload the info into quicken. It's harder since PenFed screwed up their interface, but can be done. Go to the small link at the bottom of the account pane in the accounts list, and select Download Transactions. That takes you to the old-style transaction register. Select the transactions you want to download, then use the options pull-downs at the bottom of the list. Be sure to look at the second or third page if you have a lot of them. Save to your machine, then click on the file to finish (this presumes your PenFed accounts are already in Quicken).

IMPORTANT NOTE: Quicken is stupid. It will upload duplicate transactions if you download and upload some that you uploaded before. I did that w/ a months worth of them and had to manually go back and delete all the duplicate entries in Quicken (because I'd cleared them or reconciled them, I guess Quicken didn't recognize them as duplicates.)

Frankly, if PenFed were my main bank, I'd either quit using Quicken or change to USAA. USAA is my main bank for all but one credit card. It's not entirely satisfactory in some ways, but they absolutely do care what customers think, and I have never had a problem with Quicken for any of my accounts with them, and if you call you get courteous service. If you use Quicken for a lot of things, I would absolutely consider switching to USAA (and I'm not an employee or investor, etc.)
  • Pelindaba
    Pelindaba Member ✭✭
    Options
    I followed your new instructions for MAC but to no avail. Tax time is closing in and I will have to make a decision about renewing Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.