long user of Quicken. BUT CANNOT log in to site

Options
loutog
loutog Unconfirmed, Member
I cannot signing to my account. PLEASE HELP!

I used Quicken's sign-in help and changed my password three times ( tried signing in to the site BEFORE I again changed it). CREDENTIALS DENIED. I then changed my password again. Wrote it down EXACTLY as I changed it to be sure. Then waited half hour before I signed in to allow for the site to catch up. CREDENTIALS DENIED.

I cannot sign in, though it clearly recognize my email address.

HELP!
Tagged:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @loutog I'm not clear if you are trying to sign into your account on Quicken.com to view/manage your subscription or if you are trying to sign into the web interface of your Quicken data? In any case, you might find it more helpful to call Quicken Support about this, as they can reset things in your account to help you resolve this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • loutog
    Options
    I was trying to log on to C+Quicken.com to check my subscription. Followed all the prompts and changed my password BUT still could not log on to the Quicken.com site. Will call Quicken Support about this on Monday, BUT concerned that I will find myself on perpetual hold as normal .
  • loutog
    Options
    PS: I used a MAC for all of this on Sierra as the Browser. Quicken.com refused every password
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the error message "Invalid credentials"?
    Are you logging on from a country outside the US and Canada?

• loutog
    Options
    I am in Vermont USA and have been for a long time. I am using a MAC which is on Monterey 12.5.1 the fully current version. I am using fully updated Sierra and no VPN, just plain internet. I am getting the message your described: "invalid credentials". I even used the Quicken.com function that updates my password- but still get the same message.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    You’ve twice mentioned Sierra. Sierra is a version of macOS from 2015-2017. But you say you’re using macOS Monterey, so I thin you’re meaning to describe your web browser. It’s called Safari, not Sierra. 😉

While I can’t offer much insight on the issue you describe, I’ll throw out two suggestions. First, I obviously don’t know what password you’re using, but I’d try to temporarily change it to something as simple as it will allow. If you can get a simple password to work, then you can change it to something more secure to see what does or doesn’t work. The other suggestion is to try temporarily with Chrome or Firefox, to see if a different browser with nothing saved or cached, will work.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • HPeterSchrennen
    Options
    I tried to sign in as usual no 10 time, rebooted Mac....still does not let me in!!! HELP
  • james LaBarbera
    Options
    I renewed my account, but will not open, keeps telling me to renewe
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I renewed my account, but will not open, keeps telling me to renewe
    Are you sure you renewed the correct Quicken ID? Or might you have more than one Quicken ID?
    When you get prompted for a Quicken ID, please try "Sign in as a different user". Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your the Quicken ID you used for renewal.

If that doesn't work, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.