Payment thru Quicken Bill Manager does not show up in the account register

Payment thru Quicken Bill Manager does not show up in the account register. Quicken told me I'll get a call back in 5 days!

Comments

  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details, please. Here in the Community we don't know what you might have discussed with Quicken Support already.
    What kind of payment did you make? Quick Pay? Check Pay?

    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

    Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

  • echollis
    echollis Member ✭✭
    The attempt was a Quick Pay. There is no reason to show the problem with images as I'd be sending an image of my account register that shows that the Quick Pay amount didn't show up. I'd be sending nothing. Quicken has supposedly setup a phone call for next Monday which is 5 days after I described the problem. I suspect it may have to do with the latest update. 5 days is too long and I'm not used to this slow a service from Quicken which I've used for more than 25 years.
  • echollis
    echollis Member ✭✭
    Quicken called today. After an hour the problem was not rectified so was pushed up the line to the next best person. Time for callback is undetermined. So I wait.
  • 555.john
    555.john Member ✭✭
    I'm having the exact same problem. If I search for the payee or the amount in "Find" the transaction shows up. But there is no sign of the transaction in my register.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    555.john said:
    I'm having the exact same problem. If I search for the payee or the amount in "Find" the transaction shows up. But there is no sign of the transaction in my register.
    Could it be in another account?
    Find will search all accounts.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    echollis said:
    The attempt was a Quick Pay. There is no reason to show the problem with images as I'd be sending an image of my account register that shows that the Quick Pay amount didn't show up. I'd be sending nothing. Quicken has supposedly setup a phone call for next Monday which is 5 days after I described the problem. I suspect it may have to do with the latest update. 5 days is too long and I'm not used to this slow a service from Quicken which I've used for more than 25 years.
    Sorry about the delay in posting my response.
    I was asking about images because the Find dialog would show us details about the transaction. The image of the register missing the transaction (if the image included the top portion of the register with the title and column headers) would show us if there are any unexpected filter settings applied or if the register is not sorted properly by Date.
    For example, the transaction might not show in the register if it was dated next week, but a Date Range filter set to only show transactions "Year to Date" would stop at latest transactions dated today. Future dated transactions would not show.

  • 555.john
    555.john Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Could it be in another account?
    > Find will search all accounts.

    Excellent question. Thank you. So I did find the scheduled payment in the register for my HSA account. I can't figure why yet. The HSA isn't enabled for doe quickpay or checkpay.
  • 555.john
    555.john Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Could it be in another account?
    > Find will search all accounts.

    BTW, I can't fathom how the payment posted in the register for my HSA account. I've deleted and re-added the biller. We'll see.
  • echollis
    echollis Member ✭✭
    Quicken finally fixed my problem by shortening the description of my Account Name for the account that was being used to pay via Quicken Bill Manager. The description included the account number at the end and was apparently too long. Only left the last 4 numbers of the account. Now the payment shows up in the register. The Quicken representative who told me what to do said they were aware of the problem and a fix should be available soon.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaahhhh! How can that be!!!
    :-)
    Thanks for posting the solution to this problem. I hope the programmers get that fixed soon.