Chase Credit Cards and QuickPay

HJR
HJR Member ✭✭✭
Will we be able to use QuickPay to pay Chase credit cards?  If so, when?

Comments

• Hello @HJR

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

For the time being, Quick Pay with Chase is considered to be discontinued. We do not know if or when this will become available again. Currently, the only available option is to pay using Check Pay.

For more information about this change, please refer to this Community Announcement and this support article.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• HJR
    HJR Member ✭✭✭
    Will Chase and other banks that no longer allow for QuickPay be removed from the list of "Billers that can be linked with Quicken"?  

Does Quicken see a trend in the making?  From my standpoint, the list of banks that no longer want to support Quicken's proprietary standard vs the industry standard (ACH) will continue to grow.  I now have 3 credit cards from Chase, 2 from Capital One and PayPal that don't work in Quicken QuickPay along with several others from Synchrony Bank that intermittently don't work.  And, yes these are still all listed in Quicken as "Billers that can be linked with Quicken".  

If I have to use my bank's "dependable" and all inclusive bill pay system to pay certain bills electronically, I might as well pay all my bills through my bank or find an alternative to Quicken.  It's unfortunate because one of the reason I've used Quicken for decades was it offered one product to handle all my finances, at least until Bill Manager entered the picture.  
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About your Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of  having to arm-wrestle Bill Manager into making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

• as123456789
    as123456789 Member ✭✭
    So only Check Pay with Chase? Come on Quicken. We are one step away from having to get in our car with an envelope full of cash and driving to Chase payment processing center to pay the bill. Bring Scott Cook back and ask him to fix this.
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    One of the unique features of Quicken WAS that your check register displayed the net balance of all outstanding checks. Now, with the current connection, we are returned to the 20th century: write a check and then copy it into the register - dual entry. Whether using a reminder or not, it is still double entry. Quickpay would help alleviate this issue.

It would have been nice to alert Chase membership directly that "Quick Pay with Chase is considered to be discontinued. We do not know if or when this will become available again. Currently, the only available option is to pay using Check Pay."
  • Harry2
    Harry2 Member ✭✭
    What about credit cards other than those that are based on Chase? I guess I am about to find out for Citicards (Citibank)
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have reverted to my old 2-step process for paying bills from Chase....
    Now - I have a Quicken Reminder, that I then "enter" after receiving the bill.
    Next (reverting to old manual entry) go to the Chase online website - and manually enter the actual payment.
    It was great to enter the transactions in Quicken, use the Chase Bank (direct) bill paying,
    have it uploaded to the Chase Bill Payment feature, and get paid on the intended date..... but that is gone with EWC+

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.