issues with migration to new Chase access

Options
The LAD
The LAD Member ✭✭
I went ahead and did the migration for 4 credit card accounts. I had un-accepted downloaded transactions in three of those accounts before I began the transaction. After the migration, most of those were now duplicated in the un-accepted transactions list. Deleted the duplicates and then accepted the remaining transactions. Now I have a reconciled "opening balance" transaction dated 7/19/2079 (!!!) with non-zero amounts in those 3 accounts. What do I do with this?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @The LAD,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your Chase account(s). 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and utilize functions such as screen share. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• The LAD
    The LAD Member ✭✭
    Options
    Support told me to just delete the reconciled "opening balance" transactions dated 7/19/2079. Hope this doesn't come back to bite me the next time I reconcile these accounts against my monthly statement.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The LAD said:
    Support told me to just delete the reconciled "opening balance" transactions dated 7/19/2079. Hope this doesn't come back to bite me the next time I reconcile these accounts against my monthly statement.
    Wow definitely you shouldn't have any transactions in the future like that.
    But I would check to make sure the very first transaction in the register is right.
    Typically this would be the Opening Balance transaction, which may or may not have a zero amount depending if the transaction history actually started from the time you opened account or not.
    Note that if it did start from the time you opened the account having or not having a zero amount opening balance transaction wouldn't change anything.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • The LAD
    The LAD Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just noticed another bug .... in one account where we routinely rename the payee because it arrives in so many different versions, for downloaded/accepted/cleared (not reconciled) transactions, the payee name was restored, the category assigned was changed, and the memo was deleted. This happened for ~50 transactions. Almost inclined to go back to restore from backup and wait for them to fix this mess, but alot of data entry has happened already.
  • rpetrk
    rpetrk Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I don't do anything in Quicken anymore before running a backup. What a disaster. It has been going on for at least a month now with no end in sight.
This discussion has been closed.