I cannot reauthorize Chase accounts

I finally got through to Quicken support, but information does not work. They had me deactivate all my Chase accounts, but I cannot reactivate. When I follow their instructions, it wants me to download investment accounts, which I do not have, and will not let me activate checking, savings, or credit cards. I'm beyond frustrated..What do I do?

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭
    You need to explain the steps you are taking, and what exact problem you see before anyone here will be able to help you.
    But a shot in the dark, if all your accounts have been deactivated the next step would be to do Tools -> Add Account -> click on Chase icon, and then follow the instructions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • enzo
    enzo Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    I also cannot reauthorize because the link no longer appears when editing online service connection. Only options are to reset or deactivate
  • Chris, I've tried to reactivate like you've outlined, but it wants me to authorize investment accounts-which I do not have-and doesn't give me the option to do savings, checking, or credit cards. I just keep getting stuck there
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator admin
    edited September 2022
    Hi @Carolyn Case,

I am very sorry for the trouble you are having with reauthorizing your Chase accounts. Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can look into this for you further? Thank you.

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Howell
    Howell Member ✭✭
    I also cannot reauthorize Chase accounts. After signing into Chase, this is all I get.
  • you get further than I do
  • I got it to give me the option for my checking, savings & credit cards but it will not connect. I have no idea how to do a screenshot on my computer.
  • Carolyn Case
    Carolyn Case Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    okay, figured out the screenshot. and I've tried this repeatedly and this is as far as I can get on the authorization.

[Edited Screenshot to Remove Sensitive Info]
  • Chris_QPW
    okay, figured out the screenshot. and I've tried this repeatedly and this is as far as I can get on the authorization.
    Based on your screenshot it seems that Tools -> Add Account isn't a cure for the problem.
    The dialogs you should have gotten are:

At no time are you supposed to have to put in your username and password into Quicken, only at the Chase website for Express Web Connect +.
    Signature:
  • enzo
    Chris_QPW thanks for your help. Are you saying that the correct procedure to transition to the Express Web Connect + is to deactivate accounts and the add accounts and subsequently link to existing accounts in the Quicken file?
  • Chris_QPW
    enzo said:
    Chris_QPW thanks for your help. Are you saying that the correct procedure to transition to the Express Web Connect + is to deactivate accounts and the add accounts and subsequently link to existing accounts in the Quicken file?
    I thought is was, but based on the screenshot @Carolyn Case posted I'm not sure anything can force Quicken to do the reauthorization if it hasn't already flagged it.
    Here is that screenshot:

With Express Web Connect + you don't enter your username and password into Quicken, so the above screenshot is basically showing that it isn't trying to reauthorize/connect with Express Web Connect +.

You can try Add Account and see what it shows for you. Note the deactivating of the accounts for downloading has nothing to do with this.  It was more a suggestion to prevent duplicate accounts some people were seeing because they couldn't link to accounts that were already activated for downloading.

@Carolyn Case you probably want to delete/change your screenshot in your post.  It has your username in it.
    Signature:
  • I'll do that, but I think the end result will be the same. This screen is where I ended up after I did the Add Account. I can't get any further than this although I've been trying for several days.
  • Chris, I got the first two screens you showed, but then it took me to the screen I posted and at that point I'm stuck because it will not connect. I have no idea why I'm not getting the third screen or what I'm supposed to do at this point.
  • Chris_QPW
    edited September 2022
    Chris, I got the first two screens you showed, but then it took me to the screen I posted and at that point I'm stuck because it will not connect. I have no idea why I'm not getting the third screen or what I'm supposed to do at this point.

Thanks for confirming that.
    So, whatever the problem is, Add Accounts will not fix it.
    Sorry, about the only thing left is contacting Quicken Support and see if they can help:
    Official Quicken® Support - Phone, Chat, or Community

Signature:
  • enzo
    Should we try to roll back to an earlier version of quicken, to get the reauthorization link?
  • Chris_QPW
    enzo said:
    Should we try to roll back to an earlier version of quicken, to get the reauthorization link?
    I doubt that would matter.  If anything the opposite should be true.  The last few updates have been trying to fix conversion problems.  I suggest contacting Quicken Support.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.