Chase Loan shows "Loan is paid off" after updating Chase Connect

Options
dwightshelley
dwightshelley Unconfirmed, Member
I recently went through the process to disconnect and reconnect all my Chase accounts required to get them downloading again. I have a loan account that now shows "This loan is paid off" even though there is still a balance shown. It will not show me the register. ???

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A downloading loan never has a register.  The concept here is that the financial institution knows what principal amounts you've paid and what your loan balance is and provides that correct information to you, so why would you need a register? 
    It is not at all uncommon in here that people experience exactly what you're describing in your post; their loan is marked as paid of when clearly it isn't.
    I'm pretty sure that the problem is the "EWC" part of EWC+.  With EWC the aggregator (gatherer of information) has to write a script (program) to get the information off the financial institution's site.  If there's some error in the program or the financial institution changes something on their site without telling the aggregator, then you get bad information.  So I expect that's what has happened here with your loan. 
    If you want to get the register back I'd suggest reading this and using the process that's appropriate to your situation:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7164936/faq-how-do-i-convert-a-loan-account-that-automatically-downloads-transactions-to-a-manual-entry-sc
    I'd also suggest keeping the loan a "manual" loan - your entries in the checking Account are what affect the loan - as, in my opinion, there's no great benefit, and some downside, to a downloading loan.
  • jcrowthr
    jcrowthr Member
    Options
    I have same issue and this answer does not make sense. When I categorize my bank account on the other side of the transaction as transfer to/from my Home Equity loan, the outstanding balance duplicates the already downloaded "hidden" transaction leaving the balance off by that amount.As the register is hidden there is no way to "match" the transactions. It is obviously updating so how do we "unhide" the register to match the transactions??????
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jcrowthr said:
    I have same issue and this answer does not make sense. When I categorize my bank account on the other side of the transaction as transfer to/from my Home Equity loan, the outstanding balance duplicates the already downloaded "hidden" transaction leaving the balance off by that amount.As the register is hidden there is no way to "match" the transactions. It is obviously updating so how do we "unhide" the register to match the transactions??????
    Please take a look at Tools / Manage Hidden accounts and clear any "Hide ..." checkmarks for this account.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When one talks about downloading "loan accounts" that there are two very distinct types.
    Loans like mortgage loans on a schedule, and loans like auto and equity which don't have standard schedules or can even have new amounts added to them.

The first type of loan will not have a register.  The second type will be treated like a credit card account and will have a register.

Now given that it is impossible to "reactivate" the first type of loan account once it is deactivated, it makes sense that this change over from Express Web Connect to Express Web Connect + which requires deactivating the downloading for the account, is going to be "closed" and will have to be switched to a manual entry account or another new account will have to be created.

With the second type of account that is treated like a credit card account it looks like the "intent" was that it would be able to continue on/be relinked to, but that didn't go as planned.
    See this announcement:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7918846/ongoing-10-8-22-chase-heloc-accounts-change-to-credit-card-account-post-migration
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.