On the budget report why is Totals not equal to Rollover Reserve. (Q Win Canada)

Options
ChevyJ
ChevyJ Member
Totals is mathematically correct. I have checked each category and rollover reserve is turned on and there is a 0 opening balance. What else can I do to find out why there is a difference? I am using Quicken Basic in Canada on Windows

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words … how about showing us an example of the problem.
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• ChevyJ
    ChevyJ Member
    Options
    thank you. trying to do that
  • ChevyJ
    ChevyJ Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out how to post a screenshot that I printed and blacked out but this is more difficult than trying to figure what changed in Quicken in my latest update that the two totals are not the same. I give up.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ChevyJ said:
    Trying to figure out how to post a screenshot that I printed and blacked out but this is more difficult than trying to figure what changed in Quicken in my latest update that the two totals are not the same. I give up.
    As a new user to the Community you don't get to play with all the editor tools yet. That comes after you make a few more posts or comments.
    If you have already prepared a PNG, JPG or GIF file simply drag the file from Windows File Explorer into the Leave a Comment block of this webpage and it'll be attached for all of us to see.
  • ChevyJ
    ChevyJ Member
    Options
    Here is jpeg of the screen showing my concern
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    This looks like a bug in that they might be rounding the Total Balance number.
    I normally don't turn on showing cents, but for this I turned it on and then cut down a budget to only two categories to get the minimum I could show this on.

The math for the Total Balance is: 540.90 + 118.17 = 659.07. So, 659.00 is clearly wrong.
    The math for the Rollover Reserve is: 540.90 - 118.17 = 422.73, which is correct.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ChevyJ
    ChevyJ Member
    Options
    In the past these two amounts are always the same. Using your explanation they would never be the same rounding or not? The only time they are not the same is if the rollover balance has an opening balance but I checked it. Or if rollover accidentally gets turned on or off on an item.
This discussion has been closed.