Downloaded transactions will not match automatically

Options
Travelinmatt76
Travelinmatt76 Member ✭✭
I have Quicken Deluxe Version 44.20 Build 27.1.44.20 Windows 8.1 Downloaded transactions used to match automatically, now they don't

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can you give us some specific examples, please?
    What bank are you having issues with? Was this bank involved in a recent reauthorization process and/or a migration from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Travelinmatt76
    Options
    The bank is Texas Dow Employee Credit Union. They are using Express Web Connect. I don't know if this was a recent change or if they've always used that, I'm unsure. The transactions pictured were manually added and the downloaded transaction will not match to them.
  • Travelinmatt76
    Options
    hmm, it seems that if I change the dates to match then it will match automatically, but I enter and pay bills early, and it used to match them despite the dates being off. A few transactions do match automatically.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you look at one example,
    • Register reminder due date 9/16, Car Loan, 116.80
    • transaction downloaded 10/14
    That looks to me like you're out of sync by a month.
    It also looks to me as if your downloaded transaction is coming in earlier (on the 14th) than the scheduled reminder (on the 16th).
    Quicken doesn't auto-match a downloaded transaction to a register transaction if it's dated in the future or if it's dated too far back in the past.
    Please make sure that the reminder was executed (changed into a real register transaction) and is dated on or (just a little) before the actual date on the downloaded transaction.
  • Travelinmatt76
    Options
    Yes, I kinda float all my bills 1 month in the future as a kind of safety net. This has worked in the past, but not anymore. Ok, I did a little testing. If the transaction is whithin 15 days it will match automatically, but before whatever update happened it would still match despite being a whole month off. I guess i'll just have to live with it now.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember that in one of the recent release notes they stated they changed the matching logic to supposedly work better (not stating what that meant).  This might be what was changed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Travelinmatt76
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > I remember that in one of the recent release notes they stated they changed the matching logic to supposedly work better (not stating what that meant).  This might be what was changed.

I found it. Release R42.8 July 2022 "Improved the logic for matching manual transactions with downloaded transactions."

Yes that feels right. I think that's about the time it quit working for me.
This discussion has been closed.