Chase -- only one financial institution now possible in Quicken connections to Chase

Options
afcanfield
afcanfield Member ✭✭
I am finding that I am only able to have ONE Chase Financial institution now. I have my checking/savings set up using Chase and EWC+. This has been working for a few weeks.

I then attempted to set up my investment accounts (again, they also had been working for the last week, but two days ago required reauthorization which didn't work and the connection failed). Today I was able to link the investment accounts using "Chase Investments - New" as the financial institution (as was used in the past) and all of my banking/savings accounts already set up in Quicken (using Chase financial institution) changed themselves to "Chase Investments - New" -- eliminating the Chase financial institution. What is this all about?

It appears that only one Chase financial institution is being allowed right now, and it is the last one that was set up in Quicken. This is a new problem!!!

Comments

• rnoia
    rnoia Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also discovered that when I setup my brokerage accounts as the "chase new", it CHANGED my credit cards (which were set to regular Chase Bank). And now none of them work now.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• afcanfield
    afcanfield Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I've spent hours sharing my screen since mid-September when this Chase fiasco started. The last time was on Thursday, when they gave up and the tech support person said to wait 24 hrs and try again, when my Chase Investments account no longer worked with EWC+ after they had been working.

Planning to give it a rest for a few days. Chase and/or Quicken are constantly changing the back end it would appear, and I feel like I'm wasting my time by trying every day, only to get one problem resolved and the next day having a new problem appear.

Just had the Chase changes bite me using Venmo. At least I eventually got Venmo to work again and without having to call support!

I worked in IT implementations for years, and it would appear to me that this change was exceedingly poorly planned, tested, and executed. And has zero benefit to customers. Now we have to go to the Chase website to pay bills, and often I find the Chase website isn't even work for bill paying.

As Quicken user since the DOS days, I've never experienced such a miserable transition.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    UPDATE:  Below I state "Starting with activating".    Note that I did this from the Account Details -> Online Services tab, but that is because I knew that my financial institution names were correct in all the accounts, Chase for non-investment accounts and "Chase Investments - New" for the investment accounts.  A safer approach might be to do Tools -> Add Account which will always take you through selecting the right financial institution name.

I might have a solution for you, this worked in my testing.

Let me state what I started with.  All my Chase accounts were deactivated for downloading transactions/bill pay.  Note that if you have your non-investment accounts setup correctly already and are just adding the investment accounts you can actually skip the authorization of those accounts, and not have to have them in deactivated state.

Starting with activating one non-investment account and going through the reauthorize process, using "Chase Investments - New" as the financial institution name.  Once you log in to Chase you will notice even though you are authorizing for non-investment accounts the investment accounts are shown too.  At this point you can select them or just the non-investment account as you see fit and go through the prompts to the finish.  Quicken will continue and you will be shown only your non-investment accounts no matter what you selected on the Chase site.  And you should be able to link to your existing accounts.

Now start the process again, but this time to activate one of the investment accounts.  You go through the reauthorization process at Chase again and if you haven't already done it select the investment accounts and finish up the process on Chase.  Quicken will now continue and you will get to the dialog where you are to link the online accounts to the Quicken accounts.  Here is where it is probably messing you up.

Unlike when doing the non-investment accounts, with "Chase Investments - New" it will have all your accounts shown, not just the investment accounts.  And most likely have "link" selected for the non-investment accounts.  You need to change these to "Do not add".  If you don't change the non-investment accounts to "Do not add to Quicken" it will change the financial institution names in those accounts to "Chase Investments - New", which will definitely mess them up for future downloading.

Note "Do not add" is the same as "Ignore", it isn't going to remove the current connection, just not do anything with it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • afcanfield
    afcanfield Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you so much! That worked! I can't believe it. Hopefully it will keep working. It was all working earlier last week, and then all of a sudden I had to reauthorize the Investment accounts again.

You are a Quicken whisperer

Now I have duplicate transactions in the investment accounts. I thought I could either use control or shift and down arrow to select all the consecutive dups, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks again!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thank you so much! That worked! I can't believe it. Hopefully it will keep working. It was all working earlier last week, and then all of a sudden I had to reauthorize the Investment accounts again.

You are a Quicken whisperer

Now I have duplicate transactions in the investment accounts. I thought I could either use control or shift and down arrow to select all the consecutive dups, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks again!
    Your very welcome.  To delete multiple transactions in an investment account, select the gear icon and then "Edit Multiple Transactions".
    Signature:
  • afcanfield
    afcanfield Member ✭✭
    Options
    I looked at the gear icon, but you have to first accept the downloaded transactions into the register, which I didn't want to do. I thought it was more foolproof to delete them one by one before they were accepted.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I looked at the gear icon, but you have to first accept the downloaded transactions into the register, which I didn't want to do. I thought it was more foolproof to delete them one by one before they were accepted.
    Oh, yes, the non-investment accounts got the ability to delete multiple transactions from the Downloaded Transactions tab a while back, but the investment accounts didn't.  It has to be done in the register.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.