Cancel subscription

Options
Robert Ralyea
Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭
I can't find the link to subscription status. 

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Robert Ralyea,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

You can review your subscription status by signing into www.quicken.com/my-account.

However, if you wish to cancel your subscription, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. Our support agents will have the necessary tools available in order to do so.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should be able to view your subscription status in several ways:
    1. Inside Quicken:  Help > Manage Your Subscriptions > Check Membership Status.
    2. Inside Quicken:  Help > About Quicken.
    3. In your Quicken.com online account:  You can access this by going to Help > Manage Your Subscriptions > My Quicken Account or by going to Quicken.com and logging in there.
    But your post is confusing:  Are you inquiring about canceling your subscription or about viewing the status of your subscription?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Robert Ralyea
    Robert Ralyea Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I probably will cancel at the end of the month. I have scheduled a my November bills on the Bank of America bill pay. I don’t want to do anything while I still have scheduled bills on Quicken bill pay. Interesting I can’t even cancel the Quicken bills as I get an error with nothing but garbage characters.also all the bills paid are still in processing which won’t let me pay future bills. I have been with Quicken since 3 in floppies.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I probably will cancel at the end of the month. I have scheduled a my November bills on the Bank of America bill pay. I don’t want to do anything while I still have scheduled bills on Quicken bill pay. Interesting I can’t even cancel the Quicken bills as I get an error with nothing but garbage characters.also all the bills paid are still in processing which won’t let me pay future bills. I have been with Quicken since 3 in floppies.
    You must have missed all the excitement about BofA and a few other banks, too, migrating from "Direct Connect" to "Express Web Connect" transaction download protocol in the last couple of months.
    The new protocol no longer supports Online Bill Pay thru Quicken.
    That means that you need to use the bank website to check on current bill pay transactions and to enter future bill pay transactions.
    In parallel to that, in Quicken, you need to use regular offline Scheduled Reminders (not those which you can Send to the bank) to record your payments. If you have online bill pay reminders, unlink them to create the regular reminders for you.
    And send a Thank You note to the office of the bank's president for making that change.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:
    You must have missed all the excitement about BofA and a few other banks, too, migrating from "Direct Connect" to "Express Web Connect" transaction download protocol in the last couple of months.
    The new protocol no longer supports Online Bill Pay thru Quicken.
    That means that you need to use the bank website to check on current bill pay transactions and to enter future bill pay transactions.
    In parallel to that, in Quicken, you need to use regular offline Scheduled Reminders (not those which you can Send to the bank) to record your payments. If you have online bill pay reminders, unlink them to create the regular reminders for you.
    And send a Thank You note to the office of the bank's president for making that change.

And don’t forget to send a thank you note to Eric Dunn for making the transition sound like an improvement while glossing over the loss of functionality, as well as causing a great deal of transaction and account data problems. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @Robert Ralyea - Are you saying that you did not receive any of the communications from Quicken and from BofA over the last several months about this BofA connection change?  These communications were emailed out, were popped up in Quicken and were posted here in Community and in Quicken Support.
    At any rate, in order to get transactions to download from BofA, again, you will need to deactivate your BofA account(s) and then reactivate them which will reauthorize Quicken for downloading from BofA.  But the connection method will now be EWC+ instead of DC.  And as noted above you will no longer be able to pay bills via DC with BofA and you will no longer get any status updates for previously scheduled bill pays until the bill pay transactions are completed.
    Your options to pay bills (should you decide to remain with BofA):
    • Schedule your bill pay transaction in your online BofA account.
    • Use Quicken's Check Pay service.  (FYI: Quicken's QuickPay service also is not supported by EWC+ at this time.)
    • Log into your online biller accounts and set them up to directly debit your checking account.
    • Write out and mail paper checks.
    What some others have done is to exit BofA and set up an account at a different bank that still supports DC and DC Bank Bill Pay.  But note that Chase made this same connection transition in Aug-Sep so you would not want to select this bank.  And there are perhaps another 10-12 banks that are planning to make this same transition before to much longer but we do not yet know which banks those are.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.