Phone client transactions showing up as reviewed

Options
willyhfrick
willyhfrick Member ✭✭
edited December 2022 in Using the Mobile App
Historically, when I input a new transaction in Quicken either on my phone or laptop, there is an orange pencil beside it -- not reviewed. When it pairs with a downloaded transaction, the pencil turns blue and then I mark it as reviewed ensuring that all the transactions I entered are downloaded.

However over the last few weeks, I've noticed that transactions entered from my phone client do not have the pencil. They have no icon. So when I go to review my transactions on the client I can easily mistake them for reviewed transactions. I don't notice they're sometimes duplicated or entered wrong until I go to reconcile.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @willyhfrick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

While the pencil icon won't show when entering a manual transaction from the Quicken Mobile app, it should still show in the Quicken desktop program after syncing from Mobile to Desktop.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bharkey
    bharkey Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I asked essentially the same question here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7921861/mobile-transactions-are-always-marked-as-reviewed#latest

All transactions entered on the mobile app are now marked as reviewed by default. This should not be the standard behavior of the mobile app.
  • bharkey
    bharkey Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @willyhfrick More than likely, the view you're looking at in Quicken desktop is filtering out reviewed transactions. Because the mobile app is marking all transactions as reviewed by default, you're not seeing them.

Quicken team: this is a bug. Please fix.
  • karlowen
    karlowen Member ✭✭
    Options
    In addition to being a major usability bug it is also a recent change. Like @bharkey and @willyhfrick I noticed this change in behavior over the past few weeks and it has blown up my workflow.

When was this change made, and why? How can we get it reverted, @"Quicken Anja"?
This discussion has been closed.