Manually entered transactions should default to unreviewed (mobile app)

bharkey
bharkey Member ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Ideas for Mobile
Manual transactions on the Mac desktop app are marked as "unreviewed" by default.

On the Mobile app, they are marked as "reviewed" by default.

I'd prefer that the mobile app follows the behavior of the desktop app. OR, that there is a preference setting in the mobile app that allows manually entered transactions to remain unreviewed.
18 votes

Planned · Last Updated

This request has been accepted by the Development team for future implementation. However, Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released. - CTP-7458/CMP-8975

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Given that Quicken Windows doesn't mark a manually entered transaction as unreviewed, I think that having a preference is the right way to go.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I also would like to have the transaction entered on my Mac App mobile to default to not reviewed. Know for a fact that it defaulted to not reviewed before, this is new and a royal pain. Not sure what has changed . Did contact Quickens and they had no clue about this. I mentioned that they should look into this. Hopefully they follow up. Definetly helps when reconcilling accounts on my Mac Pro
  • sand233
    sand233 Member ✭✭
    While this answer works for me, there are others who may want the new behavior (marked as reviewed). My suggestions:
    - Add preferences:
    Enter mobile transactions as 'reviewed' or 'not reviewed'
    Enter mobile transactions as 'cleared', 'not cleared', 'based on payee rule'

- Change the transaction entry to include reviewed status checkbox
    Add the reviewed status checkbox so that it can be changed when entering the transaction if desired.
  • bharkey
    bharkey Member ✭✭✭
    If you want Quicken to pay attention to this feature request, I encourage you to click on the vote button up in the yellow box.
  • WTFMate
    WTFMate Member
    My experience with this so far has been that my mobile transactions show up on my desktop app reviewed. Then when I update with my bank it downloads the transactions without matching them to transactions entered on the mobile app. Now I'm searching for unmatched transactions with date discrepancies, because the date I entered them is different than the date the bank's transaction goes through. This is a huge problem, and frankly one that should have never made it to a software update. :s
  • karlowen
    karlowen Member ✭✭
    I upvoted this feature request. The behavior changed recently and should be restored _or_ a preference should be provided.
  • JLF Blessed
    JLF Blessed Member ✭✭
    I'm also so thrown off by this. Some of you have covered this in general and I'm thankful to know I'm not crazy when I was no longer seeing the blue pencils. We just started using the mobile app probably two week before this change occurred so I thought we were just doing something different now. Below is a specific example of what happened today that I'm hoping will give Quicken folks the problem in detail.

I just had lunch with my husband an hour ago, he entered the debit card transaction in the mobile app. I load Quicken up after our lunch on my Windows PC and sync with the cloud and the transaction he entered comes in marked with a "c" in the cleared column and no red or blue pencil even though it hasn't even hit the bank yet. Big ISSUE! What is going to happen when I do my bank download and that transaction comes in. I will have no transaction to match it with because it is already showing that transaction as cleared. So my only option is to keep track of which ones get entered on the mobile app so I can manually delete them when they get downloaded from the bank. What's the use of the mobile app. This used to work great for my husband to be able to help me enter receipts and now what a mess.

Quicken - If I'm missing some great new feature and there is a way that this is supposed to be helpful please let me know.
  • Hwndude
    Hwndude Member ✭✭✭
    Yes. This is an absolute nightmare! Every time I sync my mobile with my desktop, I have to remember and convert all new transactions to “unreviewed” so that I can properly keep track of them. Why they changed this behavior is beyond me and the issue is beyond frustrating!! I, too, called the support team and they agreed that the behavior changed and they even opened a support/complaint ticket about 5 updates back. Per usual, Quicken has chosen to ignore it. There are other issues with the mobile app, including randomly sorted (not sorted) account lists when entering a transaction and having to wait for long syncs when opening the app, when all I want to do is search for a single transaction, but I’ll open new threads or post to existing ones to discuss those issues.
  • bharkey
    bharkey Member ✭✭✭
    A reminder to all in this comment thread. If you want Quicken to evaluate this and take action on a reasonable solution, please click on the vote button up in the yellow box near the top of this page. That is ultimately the way the Quicken development team will take notice.
  • Hwndude
    Hwndude Member ✭✭✭
    @bharkey I see no such button at the top of the page. BTW, I’m using Safari on iPhone, but that shouldn’t matter.
  • bharkey
    bharkey Member ✭✭✭
    @Hwndude its right below the original post. Here’s a photo to help.
  • Hwndude
    Hwndude Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    @bharkey Doh!! I’m blind as a bat!! 😂😂😂 I see it now. Thanks!!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has reached enough votes and has been submitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hwndude
    Hwndude Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update! That's great to hear!! Hopefully, it gets fixed. It's been frustrating, to say the least.

• jay
    jay Member ✭✭✭

I fully agree that the default should be not reviewed, or that there should be a preference setting.

• Hwndude
    Hwndude Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]. I’ve sent that suggestion many many times and it gets ignored.

• bharkey
    bharkey Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Anja Any word on further progress? Your last post about this was on August 10.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Planned as it has been accepted by our Product and Development team for future implementation. However, Quicken's product development teams do not provide an estimate of when new/enhanced features will be completed and released.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.