Unable to Add Capital One Card Services

Options
When I try to add a new account, I get the message, "We couldn't get information about Capital One Card Services - the account will be set up as a manual account". All other online banking accounts download data perfectly, so I don't think it's a firewall issue (though I did turn it off with the same result). I tried signing in as a different user under the Quicken Profile. Still, same issue.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Eric Laser,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with adding a Capital One account. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the Capital One account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Eric Laser
    Options
    I did as you instructed and received the same message in the test file ("We couldn't get information about Capital One Card Services - this account will be set up as a manual account)
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Eric Laser - During Add Account, instead of clicking on the Capital One icon using Capital One Card Services you might want to try using Capital One Care - Current.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R57.16 on Windows 11

• Eric Laser
    Options
    I tried using "Capital One Card - Current" as well as "Capital One Card - New" in both a test file and my regular file with the same results
  • Eric Laser
    Options
    I also turned off VPN on my Windows 10. Still same error message. Any other ideas? Right now I am just manually adding transactions
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Your installation updates other accounts fine....just can't connect to Cap One.
    You get the same result using Cap One Card Services in both your main data file and in a test data file.
    You tried using Cap One Card - Current and Cap One Card - New and got the same results.
    Did I summarize this correctly?
    Was there any error code provided?
    Which version of Quicken are you running?  (Help > About Quicken)

• Eric Laser
    Options
    That summarizes it correctly, though as of today, I have started getting the error code: OL297A for my USAA credit card account.
    I also turned off VPN per advice on the Community Board.
    My Bank of America account downloads just fine.
    My Quicken version is R44.27, Build 27.1.44.27
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    @Eric Laser - I'm a bit stumped.  Unless someone else posts here with some other ideas it might just be time to contact Quicken Support: How to Contact Quicken Support [Support Article].

• Eric Laser
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your assistance. I'll try to do that
  • Eric Laser
    Options
    Unfortunately, after over 3 hours on the phone with Quicken Support, they were unable to resolve my issue. Now I'm stuck with making manual entries in 3 out of 4 of my credit card/banking accounts :(
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Now you are having this issue with 3 accounts and not just with the one credit card you were trying to get set up?
    If that is the case, why not restore a recent backup file from just before your session with Quicken Support?  It won't fix the 1 credit card set up issue but the other accounts should still be connected.

• Eric Laser
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I'll try that. Unfortunately, when I back up my files, I usually overwrite the previous one.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I'll try that. Unfortunately, when I back up my files, I usually overwrite the previous one.
    I usually recommend that we should have at least 1 month of backup files saved.  Too often when there are issues identified we find out about them well after when they actually occurred requiring restoration of older backup files.
    I also recommend setting up preferences to automatically back up Quicken after every session.  With automatic backups selected Quicken will add the date and time to the backup file name so we can know exactly when the backup files were created which can often help greatly in determining which data file should be restored when needed.  What's nice about it is that automatic backups are done in the background so we don't need to think about doing backups...they just happen.  I have my preferences set to backup after every Quicken session and to keep the most recent 35 backup files.  Quicken will automatically delete older backup files.  By doing it this way manually backing up data files becomes an exception and not the norm.

• Eric Laser
    Options
    Good to know. I changed my preferences. Thanks again for your help and suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.