Bank of America Reauthorization

Options
Auntsheel
Auntsheel Member
:s I got the prompt upon opening quicken that BOA required reauthorization. I went through all of the steps three times. All three times BOA said it was successful, yet quicken keeps giving me that prompt and will not function. Is there a way to fix this? I just renewed my subscription. UGH.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Auntsheel said:
    :s I got the prompt upon opening quicken that BOA required reauthorization. I went through all of the steps three times. All three times BOA said it was successful, yet quicken keeps giving me that prompt and will not function. Is there a way to fix this? I just renewed my subscription. UGH.
    Hello @Auntsheel,   

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services and repeated reauthorization prompts. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

To be clear, are any new transactions posting when you attempt to update? Note that there is currently an Open Alert regarding transactions failing to download in association with Bank of America accounts that may be related to this situation. You can view the link here for any additional details or any online banking services. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Auntsheel
    Options
    No there are no new transactions when I try to update. It's still an issue. Also I am getting a prompt that a newer version of quicken is available, but when I try to download it says an error occurred. When I click on "details" there's nothing there. It's just blank.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you include all BoA accounts in the reauthorization process or might you have missed one, an old one, long closed, hidden and forgotten that is still activated in Quicken? If so, locate the account and deactivate it, then repeat the reauthorization.
    As to the software update error message: The entire text of the error message is included in the first dialog. Could I trouble you to capture an image of the error window, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• misterconcrete
    Options
    There is a growing number of financial institutions that don't allow transactions to seamlessly be downloaded instigated from Quicken (except for a fee). It would be nice if Quicken could publish this list. I feel it is in the financial institution's best interest to allow it for free. I download transactions every morning, and I could question any unauthorized transaction sooner. I would choose not to use these financial institutions that want a fee.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a growing number of financial institutions that don't allow transactions to seamlessly be downloaded instigated from Quicken (except for a fee). It would be nice if Quicken could publish this list. I feel it is in the financial institution's best interest to allow it for free. I download transactions every morning, and I could question any unauthorized transaction sooner. I would choose not to use these financial institutions that want a fee.
    Is it any wonder that financial institutions want to drop a service that no one wants to pay for?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.