Alight Solutions Update Error [OL-301-A]

Options
normdelage
normdelage Member ✭✭
All week I've been trying to update my 401k account and receive the following error message "Your financial institution has rejected your request" [OL-301-A] Additional information from Alight Solutions: Like I said, everything was working fine last week. I've made no changes to anything. I'm at a loss on how to fix this.
Tagged:

Comments

• normdelage
    normdelage Member ✭✭
    Options
    Forgot to mention this is the only account that is not updating
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @normdelage,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to refresh financial institution branding and profile by following the instructions provided below.
    1. In Quicken, select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution dropdown arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select one of the accounts associated with the bank from the dropdown list
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the list and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• normdelage
    normdelage Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for responding. I've tried you suggestion several times with no luck. I've called Alight Solutions and they are telling me nothing has changed on their side. I've check my log in ID's and password and it's the same information I use to log into the Alight Solution website and I can gain access to my account. Something has changed since 10/28/22 my last successful update download.
  • normdelage
    normdelage Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here is a screenshot of the error.
  • normdelage
    normdelage Member ✭✭
    Options
    There is something with the connection between Quicken & Alight. Can you work with them to resolve.
    I can't spend another 3 hrs. talking to CSR's on both sides. It's a technical issue and I can get to the techs over the phone. CSR just provides customer service and they can't resolve the issue.
  • normdelage
    normdelage Member ✭✭
    Options
    correction: I can't get to the techs
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    correction: I can't get to the techs
    Hello @normdelage,  

I am sorry to hear that this error message is continuing to cause trouble, and for this difficulty with speaking to Support.

Are you noticing any issues when trying to access the information provided in this link when trying to speak with Quicken Support? It may be necessary to enable pop-ups by making use of the steps provided in this FAQ. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • normdelage
    normdelage Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jared, I was on the phone for 90 minutes in a 3-way call with Rep from Alight Solutions & Quicken Rep. on 11/9/22 with still no resolution. I haven't been able to download my 401K since 10/28/22. I'm starting to question my Quicken Membership. I'm not sure why once a client reports a problem regarding connection issue between your software & the financial institution Quicken just doesn't reach out to the financial institution to resolve the data communication issue. Instead it's left up to the user to play liaison between Quicken & the Financial institutions customer service reps. and search through forums. We need the technical people from both organizations to investigate to resolve the issue. I mean Quicken must have to develop some kind of working relationship with Alight Solutions for them to allow you to connect to their servers in the first place. If you could raise the issue to your technical team to reach out to Alight Solutions and resolve, I would appreciate it very much. The Tech Team can reference Alight Solutions ticket #3672711 and get the whole background on the issue and what has been tried to resolve the issue. I can't imagine I'm the only person experiencing this issue.
  • normdelage
    normdelage Member ✭✭
    Options
    I just removed and reinstalled Quicken and the issue persist
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I just removed and reinstalled Quicken and the issue persist
    Hello @normdelage,   

I am sorry to hear that this issue remains, even after making use of the earlier troubleshooting recommendations.

This is the error that Alight is returning to Quicken: 

<STATUS>
    <CODE>0
    <SEVERITY>INFO
    <MESSAGE>Update:10245

Because we don't have access to their servers, we cannot verify your account and/or service information on them and cannot resolve this issue for you. Please contact Alight and give them this snip from your OFX Log, so that they can assist you with resolving this error.

I do wish I could provide a resolution from the Community, but this is the step, given the circumstances.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Doubting_Experts
    Options
    I'm receiving the same problem with my credit union and the same level of support. Painful at best.

I'm not sure the "error" message you included indicates an error. Following is what I am receiving:
    <STATUS>
    <CODE>2000
    <SEVERITY>ERROR
    <MESSAGE>Invalid ORG/FID value. Please contact your financial institution for more information.
  • mrdallas28
    Options
    Interesting thread. I also have been having identical issues synchronizing my account between Quicken and Alight. My issues also started on 10/28 and have been unable to connect since. I have spoken to both Alight and Quicken, and both keep pointing the fingers at each other. We are now in December and still no resolution. I have other accounts with Alight and they sync just fine. It is only with this one particular account.
  • islandhop
    islandhop Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been experiencing the same issue. In the past I have been able to fix by deactivating/reactivating online updates. This time, however, I have been unable to reactivate the updates.
  • Daleoos
    Daleoos Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with Alight solutions for months. I am having a similiar issue with my USAA credit card accounts. I just can't download transactions into Quicken from either Alight solutions or USAA credit card accounts. This is very frustrating. I have been using Quicken for decades and hope that this issue is promptly resolved.
  • Danno1960
    Danno1960 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I too am having a problem with Alight Solutions (and only them) since late October 2022. It appears that there has been no resolution found?
  • Danno1960
    Danno1960 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I should have mentioned that I am on Quicken for Windows so it appears the issue is both with the Mac and Windows versions or Alight Solutions themselves.
  • Danno1960
    Danno1960 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thought I would let everyone know that I fixed my problem. Not sure how exactly because I did a lot of different things, but in addition to what Quicken Anja mentioned at the top of the thread I attempted an online account reset, from the File menu did a Validate and Repair (selecting only validate file), deactivated, and then set up the online access anew and it worked.

I suspect that Anja's step and the validate and repair step in combination with deactivating and setting up online access again solved the problem.
This discussion has been closed.