"Quicken cannot connect to this account" Citi Cards. Second Factor

Options
DavidinSF
DavidinSF Member ✭✭
For weeks now have been having a problem downloading transactions from my Citi Card credit card accounts. I get an error every time: "Quicken cannot connect to this account". The only way to fix it is by going to my Citi account on my mobile app and disabling second-factor authentication for every account. The, after updating Quicken I have to go back and re-set 2F. This is silly and a pain. Any work-arounds or will Quicken fix this? Thanks

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @DavidinSF,

Thanks for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DavidinSF
    DavidinSF Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jasmine,
    Here are three masked screen shots. One shows at the top of each of the account registers on Quicken and the other is the orange dot error on the account list side panel. The third is from the status report after re-trying.

This is Quicken for Mac on dark mode, in case they look strange.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hello @DavidinSF,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue and providing the screenshots as requested by @Quicken Jasmine, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Your last screenshot shows error FDP-192 which has been reported and escalated internally, and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd suggest you keep 2FA turned off for a few weeks, at least until you receive notification from the above Community Alert that the issue has been resolved.
    That should make it possible for you to download your transactions with any problems.
  • DavidinSF
    DavidinSF Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am seeing comments on this same problem that has been happening for months. How can it not be fixed sooner? This severely impacts my use of Quicken.
  • DavidinSF
    DavidinSF Member ✭✭
    Options
    How hard can it be to fix this?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DavidinSF said:
    How hard can it be to fix this?
    Hard enough that it takes months?

Have you tried switching to Direct Connect?
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DavidinSF
    DavidinSF Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Chris, yes, tried that and still doesn't work. Some other error.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DavidinSF said:
    Thanks Chris, yes, tried that and still doesn't work. Some other error.
    Did you authorize Direct Connect on the Citi Cards website?

Log into your Citibank account on their website and select Profile -> More Settings.

Then select Manage Desktop Apps -> Add Access -> Continue

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • DavidinSF
    DavidinSF Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hew Quicken...this is still an issue and makes Quicken unusable, or super complicated, to download transactions. When will it be fixed?
  • DavidinSF
    DavidinSF Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Quicken Anja" said:
    > Hello @DavidinSF,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue and providing the screenshots as requested by @"Quicken Jasmine", though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > Your last screenshot shows error FDP-192 which has been reported and escalated internally, and our teams are working towards a solution, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

Where are we with this?
This discussion has been closed.