How can I avoid Quicken ID password everytime I open Quicken?

Options
From the Quicken FAQs
Q: Do I have to log in with my Quicken ID every time I open Quicken?
A: No. Once you log in to Quicken with your Quicken ID, you won’t need to log in again, unless you change your credentials, try to open your Quicken file on a different computer system, or if you haven't logged in for more than 90 days.

So, why do I have to enter the Quicken ID every time I open Quicken?
My Quicken data is only on my computer. I do not use any of the Quicken online services (the reason I do not renew the subscription).

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for providing the screenshot.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @Photog51,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Does the sign-in prompt you receive happen to be a small pop-up box? If you don't mind, please provide a screenshot of the sign-in prompt you receive. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what version - Help --> About Quicken
    and if you don't renew to the subscription - do you have the large Quicken "renew" ad covering your partial screen ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Photog51
    Photog51 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am attaching a screen shot of the Quicken ID sign-in prompt.
  • Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you for providing the screenshot.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Keep in mind that the sign-in pop-up dialog may continuously keep popping back up throughout this process, in which case you will need to continue closing it each time it pops up until you reach the full sign-in screen.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.