Fidelity downloads not working

Options
Hi,
I have worked both with Quicken and Fidelity and we are still not able to download data.
We did set up a new file in Quicken to see if we could communicate with Fidelity but we were unable to.
I have followed some discussions but it seems like this has never been solved and it has nothing to do with file sizes

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for visiting the Community and reporting your issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• mdmd409
    mdmd409 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Have had same problem since 14 October
  • stringerleo
    stringerleo Member ✭✭
    Options
    same issue for weeks now - fidelity says its a quicken issue and i see quicken does not even reply to these threads
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello everyone, 

I am sorry to hear about these problems with transactions. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, could you tell us what instance of Fidelity you are using to attempt to link or update your accounts - NetBenefits or Investments? Also, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to your responses. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • bondtracker
    bondtracker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just today I get a red circle error by Fidelity with no error code during a one-step update. Direct Connect is the connection method. I tried a reset and received the message: "Quicken could not complete the account reset. This could be caused by a temporary problem connecting with your financial institution or an incorrect password. Please try again". I tried a second reset and got the same results. I know this is not a password problem as I am using my pin vault.
  • bondtracker
    bondtracker Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update. I did an update from the transaction screen for the subject account. Update was completed with no errors. There were no new transactions since the 10th of November. I then went to the account list and selected the Fidelity account and did a reset. This time it completed the reset properly. For now, my problem seems to be corrected.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Update. I did an update from the transaction screen for the subject account. Update was completed with no errors. There were no new transactions since the 10th of November. I then went to the account list and selected the Fidelity account and did a reset. This time it completed the reset properly. For now, my problem seems to be corrected.
    Hello @bondtracker,   

Thank you so much for getting back to us with more information about this development. I am glad that there seems to be some progress in this situation. 

When you mention a 'reset' from the Account List, are you referring to a One Step Update? Can you tell us what steps you took, specifically, when doing this?

I look forward to your answer, and any other information users can provide about what they are noticing with respect to their Fidelity accounts. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • bondtracker
    bondtracker Member ✭✭
    Options
    I went to the listing of accounts in the account section. Then selected the edit button for the account in question. When that opened, I selected the middle tab "Online Services". In the right margin of that widow there are two choices in rectangles - Deactivate and Reset. If you hover over the question mark next to Reset, it reads "Quicken will deactivate then reactivate your account. Your existing data will remain, and nothing will be deleted". This combines manually deactivating the account and then trying to activate it again, requiring a password. Generally, in reset it will show your Nickname for your account and if you have more than one Fidelity account, the rest of them. You can match up you nicknamed account with the account Fidelity account. If you reset is successful you will see a green check mark next to "Reset".
  • pyt77
    pyt77 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have tried everything mentioned in these comments to get Quicken to work with Fidelity and none of them work. I have had to manually enter three months of dividends, stock purchases, and mutual fund distributions. Why did it suddenly stop working to download transactions and why isn't Quicken addressing it?
  • jannmc
    jannmc Member
    Options
    Good Question pyt77
  • mlgilbert7
    mlgilbert7 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My Fidelity updates but has problems. The Reconcile Shares has one single share number for all my positions. Also I bought and short sold some options. The commission and fees and total amount came over, but 0 shares and no share price. Other purchases and dividends of stocks did work. This has been occurring for a couple weeks.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    pyt77 said:
    I have tried everything mentioned in these comments to get Quicken to work with Fidelity and none of them work. I have had to manually enter three months of dividends, stock purchases, and mutual fund distributions. Why did it suddenly stop working to download transactions and why isn't Quicken addressing it?
    Hello @pyt77,   

I am sorry to hear that you seem to be affected by these issues, and that they are remaining even after making use of the instructions that seem to work for some other users. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

To be clear: are you simply seeing that transactions are failing to download after an update? Also, are you making use of the Direct Connect method? I want to help, but this specific issue seems to be resolved for other users reporting it, so I need to know some more details in order to get a more precise image of what's happening. 

@jannmc,   

Are you noticing the exact same symptoms described by @johnchicago as well?

If you are, indeed, noticing the same issues mentioned earlier in the thread, then - if you have the chance - you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Fidelity-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same issues occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 

• johnchicago
    Options
    I followed bondtracker Nov 14 suggestion to reactivate the account and I did get a green checkmark but then when I try to update it shows the blue circles of all my fidelity accounts and the completed but no updates in any of my Fidelity accounts
    Also I did create a new Test file and add a fidelity account but still no communication, very disappointed with Quicken
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bilwit
    Bilwit Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am also having problems with Fidelity accounts. Spent a very long time on the phone with Quicken and the rep spent a lot of time on the computer with me with no success. Oddly I have my sister's Fidelity accounts set up in Quicken, and they have been updating, but mine have not. We tried repairing the file, deactivating all the accounts, removing the account numbers, and reset the connection and linked all the accounts. Download shows it completes and lists number of transactions, but none are in the registers to accept. No error message. Its very strange and has occurred since mid Sept. Please someone help. Looks like this needs attention at Quicken unless its Fidelity though they sent me back to Quicken. Please solve this for us. Thanks
  • Bilwit
    Bilwit Member ✭✭
    Options
    I should have included that I will try a test file and see if it works and also willing to try some other fixes as this is very frustrating and I need to follow my investments particularly at this time.
  • HermanTX
    HermanTX Member ✭✭
    Options
    My Fidelity transactions download but the share count is inaccurate. This brings up a transaction error where some investment shares are higher than Fidelity and others are lower than Fidelity. Also, my most recent download, the downloaded transactions for Shares SOLD would not reconcile so it sits denoted as NEW. This is on multiple investment accounts. The settings on the ONLINE tab are Financial Institution - Fidelity Investments and Connection Method - Direct Connect. This is on multiple accounts. The download from Fidelity is not accurate into Quicken. Fidelity rep states this is an issue by Quicken and cannot be repaired from their side.
  • HermanTX
    HermanTX Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @mlgilbert7 said:
    > My Fidelity updates but has problems. The Reconcile Shares has one single share number for all my positions. Also I bought and short sold some options. The commission and fees and total amount came over, but 0 shares and no share price. Other purchases and dividends of stocks did work. This has been occurring for a couple weeks.

I am having very similar issues. See my separate post - HermanTX
  • wdsnc
    wdsnc Member
    Options
    Have the same problem
    No downloads since 8/30
    Phone support could not resolve problem
    makes this software useless
    Will not renew
  • winecracker
    winecracker Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope; don’t see how I can renew either. I have used Quicken since 1986 and how this Fidelity thing has been ignored indicates to me something is seriously broken at Quicken.  How can i trust that they have the mechanisms still in place to insure my accounts data and login info is safe? 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for visiting the Community and reporting your issue here, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• johnchicago
    Options
    I finally did communicate with Fidelity and a test file however this did not help me update my Fidelity accounts. I have deactivated and reactivated every account and all the account numbers are correct.
    After an update the blue circles appear for all the accounts but there are no transaction data in any of the accounts. Each time I download my log file to Quicken. This has been going on for the last 2 months and it is increasingly difficult to manage my accounting.
  • bradnowlin
    Options
    Have had the same problem since 12/9 and Fidelity credit card says it is a Quicken problem while Quicken says to contact your financial institution. Able to download transactions, but unable to import them into Quicken as I have for several years.
  • Ethan1991
    Ethan1991 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My bond transactions from Fidelity download into the Online Center but don't migrate over into the transaction registry.
  • Ethan1991
    Ethan1991 Member ✭✭
    Options
    In the "Securities Comparision Mismatch" pop-up window, the quantity for one investment is replicated across other non-related investments in the "Shares Reported" column, however the quantities for the non-related investments is correctly stated in the "Shares in Quicken" column which also correctly matches the quantities at Fidelity Investments. This happens for me across multiple Fidelity Investments accounts. See attached screenshot.
  • Bostrav59
    Bostrav59 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have been struggling with this issue since November and have concluded that the only way to solve it is with a new quicken data file. My current file has data on it from 1988! Quicken's business model is too effective - I'm a trapped customer. I recognize that the issue for me could well be with my datafile and would like to put one together. Can someone point me to the directions for how to do that? Thanks.
  • Ethan1991
    Ethan1991 Member ✭✭
    Options
    November is the start date for this problem for me as well. My data file goes back to 1985, however there are no validation errors. That said, if your diagnosis is correct, I second the vote for someone to help us recreate our data files. As for Quicken's business model, Quicken is horrendous for dozens of reasons, among them, no thought is given to how the application itself corrupts its own database
  • tlitchfo1
    tlitchfo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, now my Fidelity quit downloading on 12/23. I've tried everything in this thread to no avail. Quicken??? And for those saying they are done with Quicken, what are the alternatives?
  • tlitchfo1
    tlitchfo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @tlitchfo1 said:
    > OK, now my Fidelity quit downloading on 12/23. I've tried everything in this thread to no avail. Quicken??? And for those saying they are done with Quicken, what are the alternatives?

Started working again this morning. Go figure.
  • Ethan1991
    Ethan1991 Member ✭✭
    Options
    You may think they are downloading, but check out your Online Center. The transactions may be going into the transaction register, but accumulating in the Online Center (see attachment). This behavior began in November.
  • tlitchfo1
    tlitchfo1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    tlitchfo1 said:
    > @tlitchfo1 said:
    > OK, now my Fidelity quit downloading on 12/23. I've tried everything in this thread to no avail. Quicken??? And for those saying they are done with Quicken, what are the alternatives?

Started working again this morning. Go figure.

And not working this morning. Ugh!
This discussion has been closed.