Cannot connect to Roundpoint mortgage

Options
tfullerton
tfullerton Member
I recently had my mortgage transferred to Roundpoint, but even though I have set up my online account and can access it via their website, Quicken cannot connect. Can you explain the issue? Roundpoint is listed in the Quicken connect interface as if it should work with the application once it is set up.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I recently had my mortgage transferred to Roundpoint, but even though I have set up my online account and can access it via their website, Quicken cannot connect. Can you explain the issue? Roundpoint is listed in the Quicken connect interface as if it should work with the application once it is set up.
    Hello @tfullerton,   

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, what seems to be happening, exactly, when you try to add your accounts to online services, or update them? Are you seeing error messages, and if so, what kind? Are you simply noticing that transactions are not downloading?

Please let us know a little more about the situation, and we will be able to provide further advice.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • J Johnson
    Options
    I am having the same issue. My mortgage was recently transferred to Roundpoint Mortgage and I cannot connect to it through Quicken. I get the following error:

Error 155 FI is blocking our access
    Please verify that you can connect to your bank and navigate until you can see your most recent transactions.

AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_BLOCKING:FDP-155)

Thank you,
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @J Johnson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this error-specific support article regarding error FDP-155.

We do not currently have any Alerts posted for this financial institution, so as stated in the article, if the error persists after 24 hours, we advise contacting the financial institution to see if there may be a block on their side that needs to be removed. 

If the financial institution states that they are unable to assist, then please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LANm0nk3y
    LANm0nk3y Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @J Johnson said:
    > I am having the same issue. My mortgage was recently transferred to Roundpoint Mortgage and I cannot connect to it through Quicken. I get the following error:
    >
    > Error 155 FI is blocking our access
    > Please verify that you can connect to your bank and navigate until you can see your most recent transactions.
    >
    > AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_BLOCKING:FDP-155)
    >
    > Thank you,

I'm in the same boat as you, tried a couple of days already and still haven't been able to add to Quicken. Within a couple of years already, my loan has been shifted from Rocket to Flagstar, now Roundpoint. Still would've preferred to stay within Rocket.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LANm0nk3y said:
    > Error 155 FI is blocking our access
    > Please verify that you can connect to your bank and navigate until you can see your most recent transactions.
    >
    > AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (FI_BLOCKING:FDP-155)

Because the mortgage company won't let "third party aggregators" like Intuit, Quicken, etc. access their servers, I would just simply set up the account as "offline" (manual) loan account with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment from your checking account. 
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up like credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

• tfullerton
    Options
    It's been a month now and every time I try to connect to Roundpoint, I get the same "Error 155 F1" issue. So that's fun.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's what comes AFTER "Error 155" that's a sentence that explains everything. FI is  Financial Institution ... meaning Roundpoint.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.